Help! Breedlove, Guild, or Yamaha 12-string Guitar?

Now I've added a Seagull into the mix. I like the shorter scale. Unfortunately, none of the guitars I'm considering appears to be carried by any shop in the Philadelphia area. ???

BCR used to be a pretty well stocked breedlove dealer out in Lemoyne, in the Harrisburg area, if you feel like a road trip. There were a few decent shops all relatively near by each other when I went out there last.

I'm not a driver, so unless there's a train station nearby I won't be road tripping much.

It looks like the Guild is at the Sam Ash in Cherry Hill - Limited Stock - so I'll have to check it out against the Taylor 150e and the Martin X-Series.

I'm not a driver, so unless there's a train station nearby I won't be road tripping much.

It looks like the Guild is at the Sam Ash in Cherry Hill - Limited Stock - so I'll have to check it out against the Taylor 150e and the Martin X-Series.
I tried a Martin X-series 12-string and found it to be nice, but not what I was looking for; YMMV.

Or if I want to be understated, I can just go for a Gretsch Rancher Falcon.
rancherfalcon.PNG

I love my Takamine EG523SC-12, but that's no longer made. See them in great shape for < $450 all the time. I'm not sure about the model that replaced it, but I figure it might be worth a try.

I found a place to play the Breedlove today. It's sweet, sounds great, fits my hands, and has a bunch of features I like. It's taken over 1st place from the Guild for the moment. I'll be making my decision and buying next Thursday. Thanks for all your insights.

I found a place to play the Breedlove today. It's sweet, sounds great, fits my hands, and has a bunch of features I like. It's taken over 1st place from the Guild for the moment. I'll be making my decision and buying next Thursday. Thanks for all your insights.
And now I am trying to talk myself out of that Guild...:annoyed:

And now I am trying to talk myself out of that Guild...:annoyed:

The Guild might be a better guitar in the long run. But it didn't fit me as well as the Breedlove did. I'd encourage you to get the Guild - thin finish that seems to want to age nicely, nice neck, it's a Guild.

The Breedlove just seems to fit my playing better. And it got just as loud as the Guild even with the smaller top and body. Both finger-picking articulation and hard-strumming were great. Plus, I HAVE to play with a strap even while seated (big belly), so it fits better that way.

The Guild might be a better guitar in the long run. But it didn't fit me as well as the Breedlove did. I'd encourage you to get the Guild - thin finish that seems to want to age nicely, nice neck, it's a Guild.

The Breedlove just seems to fit my playing better. And it got just as loud as the Guild even with the smaller top and body. Both finger-picking articulation and hard-strumming were great. Plus, I HAVE to play with a strap even while seated (big belly), so it fits better that way.
I have a decent 12-string at home that I don't play, and I already carry three guitars for a one-person show without a 12-string, but that Guild sounded so good in the demo video...

Before the Guild guitars were offered at the local music shop, the only 12 strings I played there were Breedlove's. They played great. HNTSGD!

Back