The 2017 Formula 1 Thread

Mercedes W08
299152.jpg

Reactions: OGG
They look like GP2 Cars, but I love the McLaren livery.

Edit:

And HOLY CRAP! Look at the crazy cascade elements on those front wings!

The McLaren looks way better than last year, but I'm not impressed. Ferrari looks pretty much the same as last year. So far, I like Sauber and Renault the best.

I was expecting something more like 2006 to 2008 era. The proportions are exactly the same as what we've seen for the last 3 years. I like the lower and wider rear wing, but the additional width of the car is lost in the fact that it's longer too. I'm not impressed with the look of these cars. Part of it is due to the stupid nose height rules that gave rise to these ugly noses to begin with.

I was thinking about going to the Austin race this year, but now I'm not so sure.

Alonso's McLaren broke down on their first lap on day one. He only did 29 laps. Vandoorne's engine had to be replaced today and he only did 40 laps. thwap0

Having seen some footage from the test, I must admit that the cars look much better on the track than they did in their launch photos. The drivers are really praising these machines too. It's nice to have some real speed back in F1.

Having seen some footage from the test, I must admit that the cars look much better on the track than they did in their launch photos. The drivers are really praising these machines too. It's nice to have some real speed back in F1.
True, but the jury's still out on whether overtaking will be better or worse.

Unfortunately, I think he's right about constructors not supporting it. Mercedes have said repeatedly that they wouldn't be in F1 without hybrids. So, it looks like the days of proper banshee-wailing engines are gone for good. :cry:

Agreed. There are ways to make engines fast and economical without the electronic aids, they just want to say that they are on the hybrid train.

Funny thing is that the LMP hybrind cars are fun to watch. Maybe it is just that the WEC knows how to make races competetive while F! panders to the teams with the most money.

Good way to lose fans, fast.

Back