Planescape Torment?

cvogue

Yes, that's Oolong. :)
Anyone played Planescape Torment?

I'm a big fan of the old Baldur's Gate series... I didn't realize until recently that PT is a D&D game. For some reason I thought it was a Sci-FI game.

I've read a lot of love for PT online, I may grab it off of GOG... also found a bunch of mods for it as well...

It’s cool, but sometimes it just gets boring walking back and forth between the same locations to get quests and turn them in. That’s why I always get tired of it, anyway.

I lurrrrved it back in the day. better story; less/worse combat than the BG games.

Did you do this? One of my all-time favorites. Tons of leeway for playstyle, the Memento (before the movie) feel, great atmosphere. Best dialog ever, huge rewards for being detail oriented.

Did you do this? One of my all-time favorites. Tons of leeway for playstyle, the Memento (before the movie) feel, great atmosphere. Best dialog ever, huge rewards for being detail oriented.

Never did... daughter got me hooked on Skyrim. I've been sucked into that black hole... and loving it!

Cool, different gig though. Modern first person RPGs are great, but there's a depth to the turn based games that has never been matched.

Cool, different gig though. Modern first person RPGs are great, but there's a depth to the turn based games that has never been matched.

Agree, two of the best games I've ever played were Baldur's Gate 2 and Knights of the Old Republic... just great, well designed games.

PS: T is in their league, IMO. I mean, it's Bioware, so it would be familiar ground anyway, but a unique environment, story, and atmosphere.

Back