The most incredible NPD Thread in MWGL History. Tears will flow.

OGG

Master of the Meh
I'm just going to copy and paste what I posted to Facebook a few minutes ago. I'm too emotional to explain.

From Facebook:

The internet has made it possible to make friends you'll never meet in person. Sometimes, you grow to care about these far away friends as much as any that you see every day. For me, one such friend was named Jeremy Kitt. I never got to meet Jeremy, but it was as if he was someone I'd known all my life. A young, loving father and husband. An amazing musician with a kindness so rare and an infectious spirit that touched everyone he interacted with. He brightened everyone's day simply by being. He was an huge part of this online community of fellow musicians that has been a daily place of enjoyment and learning for me for more than a decade. In fact, I have come to call many of these people "friend" over the years and enjoyed meeting and hanging out with so many of them. We're like this giant, crazy family that laughs, learns, and often cries together.

A couple of years ago, Jeremy passed away suddenly and unexpectedly. He left behind his devastated wife and children, and brought a whole community to tears with his passing. Before he left us, Jeremy built a guitar effect pedal that bears his likeness on the front. It came to be known as "The Jeremy Drive" Pedal. None of us are really sure exactly "what" it is, but we know it produces "his sound" when plugged into a guitar and an amp. It is the only one in existence, and in a way, it is his legacy... the stuff of legend.

Earlier this evening when I returned home from an exhausting day, and after what has been a very emotional couple of weeks for me. Weeks that found me on the verge of quitting music altogether despite my immense passion for it and the sheer joy it brings me, I was greeted by a box that had been delivered by the post man today. What I found inside brought me to tears that were impossible to repress. It was exactly the thing I needed, at the exact time I needed it most... inspiration and purpose, perspective that I had lost and may never have found again.

Thank you Jeremy, thank you to his wife Leslie and to his children. Thank you for allowing a part of him to be with me in my care to drive and inspire me. I am forever and profoundly grateful. Thank you Michael R Collins for passing this precious artifact on to me. As promised, when the time comes, I will in turn pass it on to another. May it bring them as much as it has already brought me.

Friends around the globe, may I present The Jeremy Drive.

915222dd9554fa15d611f253c1199d80.jpg

1d1181f6e50a7f49852fc4adf3f6d822.jpg

I post this not to turn the light away from the great sentiment demonstrated above, but only to shed light on the origins of the pedal (the circuit and the fund raising efforts here) and the person that decided to start forwarding it on to others.

http://markweinguitarlessons.com/forums/threads/jeremydrive-custom-effects-pedal.62164/

I was a little confused when I read that you received it from Kong. Then I read the tail of the linked thread and figured out that he got it from the original auction winner, Survsteve. Awesome idea.

All said and done, it was Jeremy that inspired it and it's Jeremy that continues to drive the mojo in that pedal.

Yeah, @surfsteve sent it to me a couple of months after he won it (we were in a bidding war for it during the auction).

I held onto it for a while, and decided to pass it on.

So, I credit @surfsteve for the idea (and the $170 or whatever it was he paid for it! Bastard out-bid me by $2.50 or something), and am just passing on the love. :)

It's a pretty well-traveled pedal at this point. It's "on tour", currently playing in Southern California, after stops in Ontario, Eastern PA and NH! If only for this reason alone it has some serious mojo.
:cool:

Last edited:
I post this not to turn the light away from the great sentiment demonstrated above, but only to shed light on the origins of the pedal (the circuit and the fund raising efforts here) and the person that decided to start forwarding it on to others.

http://markweinguitarlessons.com/forums/threads/jeremydrive-custom-effects-pedal.62164/

I was a little confused when I read that you received it from Kong. Then I read the tail of the linked thread and figured out that he got it from the original auction winner, Survsteve. Awesome idea.

All said and done, it was Jeremy that inspired it and it's Jeremy that continues to drive the mojo in that pedal.

Thanks for this. I couldn't remember exactly how this pedal came to be or what the particulars were. Absolute mad props to @dodgechargerfan for the build/conceptualization and to @surfsteve for starting the tradition of sharing this amazing memorial piece with others.

Does anyone know if there's still an active GoFundMe or other way I can directly donate back to Jeremy's Family? I feel like now that this is in my stewardship, I should make another donation. It just feels like something I need to do.

Back