Any Cubase users here?

gtrjunior

Wannabe
I've written, recorded and mixed my January song entry but I'm having issues with mastering.
My wife bought me Ozone 7 Elements for Xmas and this is my first attempt using it.
From what I've read it gets inserted into the master bus.
So on the master fader I'm clicking the edit button and when the insert/send screen opens I'm selecting Ozone 7 and enabling it in the insert section.
So when I select a particular preset I can hear that the program is doing what it is supposed to but the issue is that I'm getting a lot of "digital distortion".
I've checked that none of my tracks are clipping and even tried setting the master output very low bit it still clips....
Anybody know how to fix this?

I don't use that particular DA W, but it sounds like you're doing everything correctly. There is probably a setting somewhere that is off.

You're probably overloading your asio device. Change the buffer settings to "mixing" vs "recording". This will increase the latency time and free up system resources that are needed to run the plug in.

If there aren't settings specifically for recording and mixing, simply use the slider in advanced options to the "more latency" side. Latency is irrelevant when you aren't tracking.

I think I got the problem solved... I had the drum track WAY too hot and didn't realize it. I think I've got it fixed and I'll be more careful in the future with my inputs...

Back