WTF: So this just happened down the street from my house...

speakerjones

my hat is all
http://www.nbcconnecticut.com/news/...Attacking-Person-in-Colchester-410955055.html

Bobcat Killed After Attacking 3 People at Colchester Social Services Group’s Greenhouse: Officials

Colchester+bobcat+1200.jpg

A sickly looking bobcat attacked three women at a Connecticut farm run by a social service organization in Colchester late Tuesday morning and has been put down, according to officials at the scene.

Colchester fire officials said the bobcat bit one person and scratched two others in the greenhouse on the property of the Caring Community, a residential and day program on Waterhole Road in Colchester.

The bobcat jumped on one women and scratched the other two when they came to her aid.

The bobcat was gone from the greenhouse by the time police arrived and went into the woods, but the bobcat charged at the officer instead of running away.

All women are clients of the Caring Community and were brought to the Marlborough Medical Center, according to officials from the state Department of Energy and Environmental Protection.

DEEP says it's unusual for bobcats to attack humans.

The bobcat was shot and killed at the scene and the state Department of Health will test it for rabies.

Source: Bobcat Killed After Attacking 3 People at Colchester Social Services Group’s Greenhouse: Officials | NBC Connecticut http://www.nbcconnecticut.com/news/...on-in-Colchester-410955055.html#ixzz4W3QQbyCh
Follow us: @nbcconnecticut on Twitter | NBCConnecticut on Facebook

Yikes. We have bobcats all over the place here, but have never heard of one going out of its way to attack a person.

In any event.....that's pretty much NOT GOOD.

Mojo out to the victims. Hope it tests negative for rabies, because rabies treatment is awful.

Reactions: Tig
You're probably already aware but do not keep any pet food outside of your house or in areas where wild animals can approach it or smell it; It will attract predators to your property.
If you have small pets, you'll want to make sure they aren't unattended outside in unfenced areas if you have local predators too.

You're probably already
aware but do not keep any pet food outside of your house or in areas where wild animals can approach it or smell it; It will attract predators to your property.
If you have small pets, you'll want to make sure they aren't unattended outside in unfenced areas if you have local predators too.

Bears. We do that because of bears......no birdfeeders and no garbage outside in the wintertime.

And don't bait the animals.

Wow, hopefully that thing didn't have rabies.

I'm sure the local public health people are on it, as once the symptoms of rabies infection starts, you are basically going to die. Post exposure treatment isn't really bad these days, so better safe than sorry.

Oh, and the horror stories of post exposure rabies treatment are no longer really relevant with the modern vaccine and purified immunoglobulin preparation. I've had the vaccine, twice. The awful stories of giant needles and shots in the stomach are not what happens these days.

Last edited:
Bears. We do that because of bears......no birdfeeders and no garbage outside in the wintertime.

And don't bait the animals.

When my Grandparents first moved to Florida, the retirement community had a bunch of ponds. There were signs and fliers all over the neighborhood for missing dogs and cats of people who had property that bordered these ponds.

Gators.

Btw, have you seen any on your property? I remember the deer on your trail cam

I left the camera alone for like 3+ weeks. Went out yesterday to get the memory card. Not a single picture. Not sure if I fucked something up.......changed out the memory card.

Noticed all these dog prints frozen in the ice, all around it.......those aren't dog prints.

They're fucking coyote prints. There are no dogs out HERE after dark, unless it's Dexter, and he's a fucking idiot who can't be trusted........

In any event.... no pics.

Went out and tested the camera twice in the last 24 hours. I must have fucked up.......all I can say at the moment.

Back