Thoughts on this interface?

As long as you won't need to use more than 2 mics at a time it will be fine...if you were planning on mixing several mics into one input you would need more inputs on the interface or use a mixer...

The most going in at any one time would be 2 xlrs from my DJ controller or 2 quarter inches from my v drums so I take it this is fine?

Between Presonus and Focusrite, you can't really go wrong. I will say though that the mic pres on the Focusrite units are the best in the industry. You can get a 2i4 for that money and be better off for it, but that is only relevant if vocal mic input quality is of high importance. Otherwise they are equally fantastic units.

Sweet. I just ordered it for £150 quid. Spare room is getting gutted out as we speak and I should have a pretty nice jam and recording space by the weekend.

I'll get that miserable album I wrote in Saudi recorded at some point :grin:

That's the thought, not the idea that I couldn't manage using the interface. I'm lazy and wouldn't want to deal with it.

That's the thought, not the idea that I couldn't manage using the interface. I'm lazy and wouldn't want to deal with it.

It's meant to be easy :grin: we'll see. It arrived today and my fiance is working on Sunday so I'll get stuck into it then.

That should be fine. I love my Presonus interface.
Now, do yourself a favor and don't do audio from your V-drums. Go MIDI out from the drums and trigger the samples in EZdrummer or some such drum plugin. It's sooooooooo much better.

I git a TASCAM interface that I have been very happy with so far. Presonus makes great stuff too.

Sent from my iPhone using Crapapost

That should be fine. I love my Presonus interface.
Now, do yourself a favor and don't do audio from your V-drums. Go MIDI out from the drums and trigger the samples in EZdrummer or some such drum plugin. It's sooooooooo much better.

Absolutely.

Not only will it sound a hell of a lot better, but much easier to edit post-performance.

Right guys so here's a total noob question

If I'm recording midi out from my v drums - do I get a midi to usb cable or do I still need to go through the interface?

Also, are there any good free or cheap(ish) drum plugins around - if I actually start using the thing a lot I don't mind buying a good product for it but I don't want to spend a tonne just now incase I end up never using it :shrug:

1. Depends on what you're trying to do and the interface you're using.

2. MT Power Drum Kit is a decent free VST to start with.

Back