Peavey. Pissing off the praise and worship folks...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark Wein

Grand Poobah
Staff member

You have to read the comments. Not been a good year for Peavey in general. Their spot in Undercover Boss was not positive (to be nice) and then this. I wonder what their Namm booth is going to be like this week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I wish I could say I couldn't picture many religious folks getting pissed, but then again.....
Well, wether or not you're a religious church going Christian or not (and I'm not) I think that the ad was pretty condescending. It's funny what people are arguing about in the comments though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I saw the ad earlier this week and didn't see anything terribly wrong with it. Oh, well.
I think that there is a reputation that many "praise and worship" folks are less talented or experienced than other musicians for numerous reasons. And in many cases this is true in that you are getting your musicians from your immediate community and the focus is not on musicianship as much as on the message and experience of the music. It's not always true and I know some great musicians who worship lead because its their calling but this is the stereotype that Peavey is sort of playing into. I've done the other side of it here in So Cal where the more affluent churches just pay pros to come in and play but thats more the exception I think (nothing like playing contemporary christian rock with members of the Steve Vai band for a few thousand people on a Sunday morning).

Anyhow, I don't think Peavey really thought out their ad in regards to who they were targeting it to and honestly I don't think most people want a cheap implementation of Autotune in their live mixer. It's one more thing to shit out on a gig.

Didn't their undercover boss episode originally air 2 years ago?

If you haven't seen it, check it out. IIRC the employees were all concerned about rumored layoffs and a factory shut down. They make all sorts of promises & commitments to their employees then it's disclosed after the the episode was filmed, Peavey laid 'em off anyway.

Didn't their undercover boss episode originally air 2 years ago?

If you haven't seen it, check it out. IIRC the employees were all concerned about rumored layoffs and a factory shut down. They make all sorts of promises & commitments to their employees then it's disclosed after the the episode was filmed, Peavey laid 'em off anyway.
Yeah. They fucked all of those people over and honestly they've been treating them like shit for years before sending their jobs to china or wherever.

I need to go to the comments then. I guess I'm to rational, I think there should be liscences to internet.

Edit: Just went, boy, if they don't want the autotune they could just leave it off. If you don't like artists that use it, don't support them. Is life really that difficult?

Last edited:
I’m glad I the comments. Some of the worship music crowd are defending Peavey by listing all the far-right religious stuff Peavey has supported over the last few decades. I was about to buy a new Peavey amp. Now I have a reason not to.

I don't see the problem with them offending the Jesus show crowd. They should be thrilled about anything that could draw above and beyond the 10% off a person's gross income they want all attendees to pay each week. Now, before you lose your fucking mind. I believe in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior but I don't dig the Jesus show on Sundays so the preacher can drive a Cadillac for mentioning, barely, one line of scripture. Once upon a time I use to visit this great forum where religion and politics was kept on the extreme down low. Where the hell did that place go.

I don't see the problem with them offending the Jesus show crowd. They should be thrilled about anything that could draw above and beyond the 10% off a person's gross income they want all attendees to pay each week. Now, before you lose your fucking mind. I believe in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior but I don't dig the Jesus show on Sundays so the preacher can drive a Cadillac for mentioning, barely, one line of scripture. Once upon a time I use to visit this great forum where religion and politics was kept on the extreme down low. Where the hell did that place go.
Well, this was supposed to be about Peavey and in this case pissing off a group of consumers who happen to be "P and W" musicians as a symptom of the management of Peavey apparently in the process of wrecking their company.

I'm starting to understand why TGP has a separate forum for P&W stuff though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back