PorchBoard Bass/LogJam Stomper - Anyone Use These?

Deep Eddy

Argle Bargle or Foofaraw?
I've been thinking about getting one of those stompboxes that generate a bass drum sound when you tap it with your foot. It could be useful for percussion when playing open mics solo and I'd like to fill out the sound.

Does anyone here have any experience with them? Recommendations?

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/Logarhythm

logjam-logarhythm-4-[2]-10-p.jpg

our drummer got a stomp box and it sounded more like a "clomp clomp clomp" than a kick drum. It was also kinda noisy, but I think he was just using a cheap ass 1/4" cable.

I'm working on how to trigger samples with footswitches... I want to be able to do kick drums, snare, high hat, claps, and cymbals so I can use it with my looper.

our drummer got a stomp box and it sounded more like a "clomp clomp clomp" than a kick drum. It was also kinda noisy, but I think he was just using a cheap ass 1/4" cable.

I'm working on how to trigger samples with footswitches... I want to be able to do kick drums, snare, high hat, claps, and cymbals so I can use it with my looper.

I've seen some digital systems that trigger samples. They look cool, but are too complicated for me. I'm old school, baby! I prefer the warm sounds of acoustic (or analog) instruments. :grin:

One-Man-Band.jpg

My mando player has one he brings along a few times a year. Playing it standing up doesn't come very naturally, and it's kind of a wash between adding some thump to our sound and cluttering up our attempts at a groove.

Back