NPD - Totally Chad's Fault

speakerjones

my hat is all
Thanks @Chad :wink:

IMG_8532.JPG

I posted a thread regarding my new band venture and desire for a new pedal setup to go along with it. Chad posted this demo, and I kinda fell in love. I haven't had a chance to mess with it yet. Maybe after the kids go to sleep, I'll make my way out to the garage.

That thing is cool as hell!! I'm not sure I'd have a use for the havoc feature...? Maybe with some experimentation, who knows...

The havoc switch is the main reason I bought one. Their delay has one and they have a distortion pedal with one.

Yeah, I finally got to play with mine on Friday. It's really pretty fantastic. The only issue I have after going through a bunch of its settings is that I found a setting I love, but it's too extreme to use as an "always on" reverb, really necessitating a second reverb pedal, or amp reverb. Not the worst problem, but I am trying to scale back my board....

Yeah, I finally got to play with mine on Friday. It's really pretty fantastic. The only issue I have after going through a bunch of its settings is that I found a setting I love, but it's too extreme to use as an "always on" reverb, really necessitating a second reverb pedal, or amp reverb. Not the worst problem, but I am trying to scale back my board....

I really want 2 reverbs too.

So I have gotten a few hours in on it since I picked it up. Usually the honeymoon period is over for me with pedals, but this one still has me jazzed. I really wanted it for the havoc switch, my original plan was keep my Ghost Echo for my reverb and use this guy to make some crazy ass noises with, but this is a killer reverb pedal. For the past 2 days, I have been playing with just this pedal on. I'm trying to decide if I'm doing that because the pedal is that good or I've been on a Cure trip. I think it may be a little of both :grin:

So I have gotten a few hours in on it since I picked it up. Usually the honeymoon period is over for me with pedals, but this one still has me jazzed. I really wanted it for the havoc switch, my original plan was keep my Ghost Echo for my reverb and use this guy to make some crazy ass noises with, but this is a killer reverb pedal. For the past 2 days, I have been playing with just this pedal on. I'm trying to decide if I'm doing that because the pedal is that good or I've been on a Cure trip. I think it may be a little of both :grin:

I played with the new band yesterday for the first time with all four of us. I used it judiciously. It's so cool. I'm running a fine line between a usable reverb sound and ridiculous mode. These guys are all about feedback freakouts too, so that havoc switch will come in really handy. I did keep running my Hall of Fame for a tamer reverb sound when I'm doing riffs where the Meteore just doesn't fit in. I would do those parts dry, but it's so extreme going from any setting on the Meteore to totally bone dry.

Back