NBD - Fender content

Aahzz

Habanero Evangelist
Have been playing this one at my local GC a lot lately. Fell completely in love with it, but didn't think it was feasible, as I just bought a Schecter Model T (which is what kicked off my love for the PJ platform) which I'm not bonding with quite as much as I'd hoped - the flatter neck radius is taking some getting used to. So, I was debating selling the Schecter, or something else, but didn't think I'd be able to snag this one while it was on sale. Mentioned it to Mrs Aahzz last night and she said "Doesn't Guitar Center offer 0% financing? Go ahead and get it and then use the money you're earning from Uber (just started driving for them) to pay it off quickly". Hallelujah - got there at opening this morning and brought her home - without further ado, my new Fender Precision Bass Special in Seafoam Pearl :)
greenp2.jpg
greenp1.jpg

Those are very nice, I played one a couple months ago and was surprised by how good it sounded and was actually set up too! I have an older version of this bass in black and without the binding and blocks on the neck. Pretty much the one bass I've used on about 99% of the things I record.

I love that binding/inlay combo. And a seafoam green p-bass would be a great thing without them. That’s a killer bass, man.

Have been looking hard at this very model. Can you compare to Geddy Lee J-bass at all? Not the obvious sonic differencees from the platform, but the feel?

I have a Squier VM Jazz, a Schechter Diamond Series J-style, and an Ibanez TB-300, and was thinking about perhaps moving up to a nicer model Fender-type.

Have been looking hard at this very model. Can you compare to Geddy Lee J-bass at all? Not the obvious sonic differencees from the platform, but the feel?

I have a Squier VM Jazz, a Schechter Diamond Series J-style, and an Ibanez TB-300, and was thinking about perhaps moving up to a nicer model Fender-type.
I'm probably not the best guy to respond to your question but I have a MIM Jazz bass that I bought dirt cheap....100% stock. The bass played from the last band I was in had an American P-bass also stock.
Just my opinion of course but it thought mine sounded fuller and thicker.

I've heard some people claim that the neck on this actually is a surplus MIM Geddy Lee neck, but I think the Geddy is a heel adjust rod, and this one is headstock adjust. I can testify that the neck feels fantastic, better than the standard MIM Js that I've played. The feel is simply outstanding, and in the case of mine it's on a level with American made Fenders.

Back