Question: what to see / do inNew York?

you're gonna wake up in the town the never sleeps.

where does one start? there's so much to do there, if you really want to, that it would take you a couple weeks, every day to see it all.
go down to south manhattan and see the monument.
make sure to spit on trump tower. (i'd say piss on, but i don't want ya to get arrested)
broadway......times square.....5th avenue......the sammiches.....the pretzels.....the hot dogs......oh my.

Central Park/Strawberry Fields
MOMA
Catch a show at Carnegie Hall or Radio City
Eat at a good deli (Pastrami Queen is my favorite)
Pizza, obviously
The Bronx Zoo
Yankee Stadium
Broadway/off-broadway show
Battery Park/WTC memorial
Have a beer with a NYC MWGL'er
I know a lot of the old music stores in Manhattan closed down. Not sure what's still around. Matt Umanov's? Rudy's? If you feel like an adventure, check out New York String Service or Mandolin Bros. in the boroughs.
So much to do in that city. So much to eat.

I live two hours from NY and two hours from Boston. Nobody I know goes to Boston on purpose.

No idea as I've never been.
I have, however, travelled through the state of New York and thats basically just farms. In fact it reminded me of the film 'Wrong Turn', so just avoid everything and don't go anywhere.

Hope I helped

Saying that though, Im from Yorkshire and have spent many days on the Moors. I have never been murdered nor have I ever been attacked. The reason being is that I "stay on the road and keep clear of the moors''. at least at night.

Last time I was in New York we would get up and go out about 9:embarrassed:0 a.m. and start looking for a place to eat lunch. Then we would drive around looking for a parking space. Usually we would find one about 1- 1:30. We'd eat lunch then go looking for a place to eat dinner. Find a place and drive around until 7:30- 8:embarrassed:0 looking for a parking place. Then we would head back to where we were staying and drive around looking for a parking space. Usually found one by midnight.

Second day same as the first, only a little bit longer and a little bit worse.

If you pick your resturants in different neighborhoods you can see a whole lot of the town just driving around looking for parking spaces.

I love just walking around the city. One day my wife and I started at battery park and wandered north until we made it back to our hotel at 46th street. It took all fucking day but it was fun if exhausting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Leave....no offense to any New Yorkers but Im not a fan of that city. Waaaay too populated and busy for me.

It's funny -- before we spent six nights there last year, that would have been my answer, but shockingly I ended up loving it! I would hate to live there, but as a place to spend a week or two it has a LOT to offer, and there is something so novel about leaving a bar at 1am and seeing that the streets are still full of people. It really is an amazing place...

Guggenheim

Metropolitan Museum of Art

Slice of pizza at Joe's on Carmine St.

If you want to see the Statue of Liberty but don't want to bother going to the island itself, take a round trip on the Staten Island Ferry (get off ferry on SI and immediately get back on return ferry). Nice boat ride with good views of lower Manhattan, too.

30th Street Guitars (note - it is on 27th St.) - not a huge shop but worth a look if you are in Mid-town.

Back