Do you have Amazon Prime?

wagdog

Ack
Finishing up a free 30 day trial and considering keeping it.

Do you have it? Do you think it's worth the cost?

It would be if we took advantage of all of the benefits. We don't take advantage of the music or video services as much as we should.

Have had it a few years. We don't use all of the benefits even, but feel it is worth it. (I get tons of crap from Amazon, from toner to toilet flappers to CDs.)

You can put a shit ton of free music on the Amazon Music Player Cloud thing and use it as a Bluetooth Jukebox. Free shipping on a lot of stuff. I do think they can read my mind based on their suggestions and recommendations.

It’s all about free shipping for little things. Amazon Basics is like Monoprice—dirt cheap versions of stuff that stores mark up 1000% or more. Combine that with free shipping and you can save a lot on little things. The video service isn’t bad, especially if you use it to buy discounted versions of other streaming services that you’d buy anyway. I’m not impressed with Prime’s music selection, tho.

We've had it since 2010. It was half price for students (and I was finishing my MLS), so it was worth it for the two-day shipping on most things alone. Once it went to full price, they added movies and TV shows and by the time they increased the price they added Prime Music. At $100, it's pays for itself in all of the two shipping we get OR the amount of streaming we do OR the music.

We've had it for a couple years. We have an Amazon fire stick for the TVs so we can watch all the shows and movies they offer. I have Prime Music tied into our Sonos system so we can access their library.
The initial draw for us was free shipping, which alone pays for the membership five times over. I also use it to make purchases for my clients, so I can make work pay for it.

Living in the middle of nowhere with no reasonable family needs retail nearby, it is worth it to us. We try to support local retail but some for some stuff it is just not reasonable. So it pays off.

No. My dial up internet sucks. Streaming is no value to me. Really, really wish it didn't go to $50 to get free shipping. I either wait till I need something else to get free shipping or, buy off ebay.

Back