Your Current Set List.... Post 'em!!

@Mark Wein I'm glad I looked over your list yesterday.... At the end of the night, people kept throwing twenties in the tip jar for us to play "one more song" so... for an extra half hour we were pulling songs out that we skipped earlier in the night and ones that weren't on the list like Billy Jean. We made an extra $100 in a half hour.

Was a fun night and had my wife not been with, we probably would have played an extra hour. after the 5th encore song she said "I'm going to wait in the car". :annoyed: ugh... that wife speak for "you better wrap this shit up and start tearing down". :embarrassed:

Since we normally just do work-related stuff, our setlists are very compact -- generally no more than 4-6 songs. Here is the one we did earlier this month for "Staff Appreciation Week" at three different locations:

Heart (Rockpile)
Every Day (Buddy Holly)
Time after Time (Cyndi Lauper)
Runaway (Dell Shannon)

For my acoustic solo/duet gig I kind of do things on the fly and read the audience to see their response and play my tune accordingly.

Here is my tune list.

Americana

Déjà vu – John Fogerty
Joy Of My Life – John Fogerty
The Open Road – John Hiatt
Thing Called Love – John Hiatt
Feels Like Rain – John Hiatt
Old Man – Neil Young
Hey Hey My My – Neil Young
Nothing But The Whole World Wide World – Jakob Dylan
After Midnight – JJ Cale
Blue On Black – KWS
Candy – Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers
Melissa – Gregg Allman
Midnight Rider – Gregg Allman
Louisiana 1927 – Marsha Ball version
Sleeping on the Sidewalk – Brian May (Queen)
Nobody Knows When You Are Down And Out – Jimmy Cox
Truth For The Truth – Jakob Dylan

Blues

Chitlins Con Carne – Gm
Blues With A Feeling – A
Cut You Loose - E
Cold Shot - A
Country Man - G
Come Into My Kitchen – A
CC Rider – E
Blues With A Feeling – A
Diggin My Potatoes – E
Fly Like The Eagle – E
Give Me Back My Wig – E
High Heel Sneakers – D
Highway 49 – E
Honey Bee – A
I’m A King Bee – A
Loving Cup – E
Mary Had A Ltitle Lamb - E
Oreo Cookie Blues - E
Top Of The World – E
Stormy Monday – G
Shame Shame Shame – E
Help The Poor – Gm
Matchbox Blues – A
Thank Me Someday – E
Who’s Been Talkin’ – Am

Last edited:
This particular band has a guitar player that has to travel overseas for work pretty frequently. When that happens they will call me. Great bunch of guys. They are a ton of fun to hang out with. I'm just waiting for them to ask me to join full time!!!
The other guitar player in this band (the one that doesn't travel) asked me if I'd be interested in a country band project. I was hesitant at first but the more I think about it, I would be a great learning opportunity. I've always been basically a rock player so this would be fun to sort of shift gears a bit.

A buddy of mine is in a few bands and one of the bands is a country band. He told me the only person in the band who listens to country is the singer, but that he makes more money in that band than he has in any band he has ever been in.

A buddy of mine is in a few bands and one of the bands is a country band. He told me the only person in the band who listens to country is the singer, but that he makes more money in that band than he has in any band he has ever been in.
After we played the gig Saturday a bunch of us were talking about the local gigging scene. Around here most bands that draw bigger crowds do the top 40 thing.
There is a good country music club at Patriot Place....Toby Keith's, but other than that there isn't really too many "country" bars.
My though was to mix in some form of top 40 to appeal to a larger crowd. I'll bring it up to the other guitar player and see what he thinks. I'm not too sure a 100% country band is gonna fly in my area....who knows though.

After we played the gig Saturday a bunch of us were talking about the local gigging scene. Around here most bands that draw bigger crowds do the top 40 thing.
There is a good country music club at Patriot Place....Toby Keith's, but other than that there isn't really too many "country" bars.
My though was to mix in some form of top 40 to appeal to a larger crowd. I'll bring it up to the other guitar player and see what he thinks. I'm not too sure a 100% country band is gonna fly in my area....who knows though.

There are a few bars he plays in the country band, but where they make the big money is local festival type shows. Almost like county fairs.

We have two singers really. We have our regular lead singer, Steve and then the drummer's wife who sounds like Linda Ronstadt. Some of her songs are buzzkill but people come to see her sing so I don't give a shit. We are working on new songs to rotate in as we speak since some of these have been in rotation for about 6 months. Our third set is normally a pick'n choose depending on the crowd.

Set 1

Last Kiss
Hang On Sloopy
Lonely is the Night
The Breakup Song
I Love a Rainy Night
Driving My Life Away
Black Velvet
White Liar
It's So Easy
Poor Poor Pitiful Me
Thing Called Love
Handle With Care
Everybody Wants You
Stuck In the Middle with you
My Best Friend's Girl
Midnight Blue

Set 2

What I like about you
Faith
Rock N Me
Hard to Handle
We Got the Beat
Our Lips are Sealed
Something to Talk About
Stop Dragging My Heart Around
Love Shack
Hurts So Good
Tuff Enuff
Long Haired Country Boy
Tush
Johnny B Goode
Old Time Rock N Roll

Set 3

Ain't that a shame
I Fought the Law
Some Kind of Wonderful
Cinnamon Girl
Heartbreaker
Dreams
Blue Bayou
Desperado
Lights
Picture
20th Century Boy
I'm The only One
We're Not Gonna Take it
My Own Worst Enemy
Banditos
Should I Stay or Should I go
Brown Eyed Girl

I have 25,000 tunes on my dj macs.

Unless the bride and groom are cool, I get asked to play from the same core of 200ish shit songs every week. :grin:

Actually I do not too bad and regularly get comments from the bar staff on how it was good not to hear the same tired old tunes but just like bands, I have to play a lot of worn out stuff.

I've actually got a script for when I play 500 miles by the proclaimers :facepalm:

Back