Fitbit?

I know a few people who like them. They seem pretty pointless to me. HR monitor is not accurate, step monitor is pointless, but it will read your text messages for you.

I recently purchased one of these:

Polar-M400.jpg

I bought it specifically to use for soccer refereeing -- use the GPS feature to track my distance covered during a game as well as map out my coverage of the pitch during play. However, I've been wearing it daily lately because it also measures activity on a daily basis and I can upload it to my phone or computer. Really, not too bad for about $120.

Well it is 2016 and I went back to using a Fitbit again. Our company promotes wellness like all the others and we get points for steps accumulated. For 5000 steps per 5 points, 10K = 10 points and for 15K = 15 points. At the end of the year you can redeem your points for gift cards and other stuff. I had all these points from previous usage and never even considered that I could've gotten Amazon Gift Cards. Well gonna use them this year!!!

So, any recommendations as to model?
The jawbone with the heart rate monitor sounds interesting.

I've been seeing a ton of $30 deals on Groupon and sites like that. I'd rather buy a known product/company and current model.

@dodgechargerfan , I'm sorry that I didn't see your post until now, because there aren't many of us Jawbone wearers here.

I recently upgraded to the Jawbone UP 3 because I really wanted the heart rate monitor. They have added REM sleep tracking to the sleep tracking, as well. I should note that the heart rate monitor only tracks the resting heart rate, as they say that the resting rate is a good indicator of overall heart health. For those that want to track the heart rate during excercise, to make sure their heart rate is in the "zone," you would have to look elsewhere. I'm in pretty decent shape (sure I could do better), but my job can be pretty sedetary, so having something to mind me to move (you can set the UP3 to remind you that you haven't moved at whatever interval you want - I set mine to remind me at 30 minutes). I also like knowing that my resting heart rate is in usually between 58-60 - unless I just ate). My days of the kind of strenuous activity that needs a continuous heart rate monitor are pretty much behind me now. Well, at least until that day when they might have to strap one on me in the hospital (God forbid).

Basically, the Jawbone UP3 is a very good option, if it fits your needs. You don't hear much about it because they haven't done the national advertising that FitBit has done. I hope that isn't their downfall, because I like my Jawbone, and it has never (I've had the Jawbone 24, UP2, and now UP3) caaused any skin irritation under that band.

Here my current Jawbone UP3 (and don't let Oprah's endorsement throw you):

b3105ab448b3c350982f61ed0856ca37.jpg

@dodgechargerfan , I'm sorry that I didn't see your post until now, because there aren't many of us Jawbone wearers here.

I recently upgraded to the Jawbone UP 3 because I really wanted the heart rate monitor. They have added REM sleep tracking to the sleep tracking, as well. I should note that the heart rate monitor only tracks the resting heart rate, as they say that the resting rate is a good indicator of overall heart health. For those that want to track the heart rate during excercise, to make sure their heart rate is in the "zone," you would have to look elsewhere. I'm in pretty decent shape (sure I could do better), but my job can be pretty sedetary, so having something to mind me to move (you can set the UP3 to remind you that you haven't moved at whatever interval you want - I set mine to remind me at 30 minutes). I also like knowing that my resting heart rate is in usually between 58-60 - unless I just ate). My days of the kind of strenuous activity that needs a continuous heart rate monitor are pretty much behind me now. Well, at least until that day when they might have to strap one on me in the hospital (God forbid).

Basically, the Jawbone UP3 is a very good option, if it fits your needs. You don't hear much about it because they haven't done the national advertising that FitBit has done. I hope that isn't their downfall, because I like my Jawbone, and it has never (I've had the Jawbone 24, UP2, and now UP3) caaused any skin irritation under that band.

Here my current Jawbone UP3 (and don't let Oprah's endorsement throw you):

b3105ab448b3c350982f61ed0856ca37.jpg

That's great info.
I think it's a good fit for me, and my wife likes the bling factor.

A guy my age (52) at work just had a quad bypass. The mrs came home with a garmin vivosmart HR and handed it to me and said I need to get my shit together. It's helping.

When I retire, I'm going to wear people's fitbits for them for a couple bucks per mile. If I can fit enough on my arm, I could make like a hundred bucks an hour just walking around.

If there's anyone on fitbit that does the challenges with their friends group, let me know.

When I retire, I'm going to wear people's fitbits for them for a couple bucks per mile. If I can fit enough on my arm, I could make like a hundred bucks an hour just walking around.

If there's anyone on fitbit that does the challenges with their friends group, let me know.
Never hurts to supplement the income

Back