What do you think Motorik is doing right now ?

He became a mod at Harmony Central after gathering the Europe troops and the limp wristed Americans and having a good mod ousted.

The site was then sold and it's never been the same.

He's like the internet message board Walmart..

I wonder what he's ruining these days??

He became a mod at Harmony Central after gathering the Europe troops and the limp wristed Americans and having a good mod ousted.

The site was then sold and it's never been the same.

It wasn't a quick process; he was a mod for a few years before things went to hell.

derivicus was a terrible mod. I feel that a lot of his tenure was before your time.

I signed up around 2002....

I joined in 2002. He wasn't a mod when I got there and it took a while for HC to get sold to MF, and then a few years to descend into oblivion through mismanagement. None of that could ever be blamed on the mods. They weren't even involved in the decision making process. I joined here in '08 and it took me a couple of years to finally leave HC.

He did like Electric Wizard, Iron Maiden, some of the obscure Japanese metal, etc.

yeah, the motorman had pretty great taste in music. he turned me onto some good stuff. He dug the ambient, the drone, the motorik of course and good metal like Electric Wizard, and Maiden.

I joined in 2002. He wasn't a mod when I got there and it took a while for HC to get sold to MF, and then a few years to descend into oblivion through mismanagement. None of that could ever be blamed on the mods. They weren't even involved in the decision making process. I joined here in '08 and it took me a couple of years to finally leave HC.

Yeah, I think that HC fell apart in 2011 or so.

Didn't Night Ranger write a song about him?

"Motorik....what's your price for flight..."

Yeah, I also recall having lost interest in the forum around that time or a year or so before. I think it was a combination of people gradually leaving the forum, and many discussions being solely about Jimmy James and Uma Floresta.

Honestly, I feel that the last few years that GJ existed - those after certain forumites were banned and/or found homes at LR - were my favourites.

I love and miss Oscar. And I love Uma.

Bionic Muffins, not so much.

Whatever else Bionic Muffins did, I owe him thanks for starting a thread that eventually lead to me getting a guitar I'd been chasing for nearly 20 years.

Honestly, I feel that the last few years that GJ existed - those after certain forumites were banned and/or found homes at LR - were my favourites.

I love and miss Oscar. And I love Uma.

Bionic Muffins, not so much.

What happened to Oscar? There were a lot of forumites I miss from GJ ca. 2005-2009. I lurked for about 5 years before I actually posted. It was the best of times, it was the worst of times.

I find it funny connecting with people I've never met in real life.

Back