To trade or not to trade?

gtrjunior

Wannabe
I have an old Marshall 4x12 cab for sale on Craigslist and there's a guy that is interested in it but we haven't done the deal yet because our schedules haven't meshed.
So today he emails me and asks if I'd be interested in a NIB Badcat Cougar 15 amp in trade because he is short on cash. He asked that I would drive out to him to sweeten the deal. It's only a 30-40 min drive for me. I know the amp is worth a bit more than the cab so naturally I'm wondering what's wrong with it....

Just this morning while slacking at work I was on the Internet researching a good amp for country/ blues tones as a guy I know had approached me about maybe doing a country cover band.
So what do you guys think of these amps? I know nothing about them.
What can you all learn me about them?

I actually made the trade today. It was literally still NIB and had the plastic bag still on it!!
For a little 15W amp it sounded pretty good. 2 EL84 and 3 12ax7. It gets a good bluesy tone with my strat and even goes into higher type gain settings. From what I understand this particular amp is licensed to another company for production and Badcat is not involved with them anymore. And this is a discontinued model amp anyway.
It would work fine for a small club gig but I'd need to run it into my monitor. It's not all that loud. Then again I'm used to playing 50+100 Watt EL34 type amps.

He probably just got the Badcat cheap on sale. Badcat is like Jet City, they’re constantly blowing out unsold amps through different vendors online.

He probably just got the Badcat cheap on sale. Badcat is like Jet City, they’re constantly blowing out unsold amps through different vendors online.
Exactly...he said he got 2 on musicians friend when they were blowing out the inventory.

Back