It is time... 5F1 Build Thread

Something blew up........ Looks like a resistor is toast. ffS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So these should be the last few photos of this journey.

Here's the smokey culprit. Apparently, the cathode resistor takes a big shock and is often undersized in wattage. This one certainly was...

IMG_1470.JPG

And here we are!

IMG_1464.JPG

IMG_1472.JPG

And yes - I will order some more grill cloth ... It needs to be straightened. If you'd like to see more details, tell me and I'll snap some frotos.

BTW @RyanNo3 - you SHOULD figure out the bias of that output tube and how much wattage the cathode resistor is dissipating to make sure you have a properly sized cathode resistor. That resistor blew because it was dissipating too much power.

WARNING: You'll be working on a live, plugged in amp to do this - DO NOT do it if you don't know what you're doing. Since you mentioned having an amp shop nearby, it might be best to get some help from them.

Oh, awesome job on the cab and amp, really, amazing looking project.

BTW @RyanNo3 - you SHOULD figure out the bias of that output tube and how much wattage the cathode resistor is dissipating to make sure you have a properly sized cathode resistor. That resistor blew because it was dissipating too much power.

WARNING: You'll be working on a live, plugged in amp to do this - DO NOT do it if you don't know what you're doing. Since you mentioned having an amp shop nearby, it might be best to get some help from them.

Oh, awesome job on the cab and amp, really, amazing looking project.

Took it to my amp tech and idea springboard... We did the math and the 5w resistor was our solution. All good - Thanks for the info!

Took it to my amp tech and idea springboard... We did the math and the 5w resistor was our solution. All good - Thanks for the info!

Cool.

You really have something to be proud of there, incredible build.

haha - I've been traveling for work and I decided I wanted to play a little on Saturday morning.

Plug in guitar and no noise..... First thought was "Oh FFS?!?!? AGAIN?!?"

Second thought... Check the speaker connector because the older speaker has smaller terminals than the terminal connectors.

I'm dum.

:l:

Back