The Biking Thread

got a good ride in with my buddy Tim today. They are having a big fancy "Garden Tour" in the SV area at the swanky homes. I preferred this garden tour. :)

75e520f65489330ef1b692c3feba1465.jpg

a0026b3b102da65bd6b959f21d7abe5e.jpg

5849523e2ea2d46cd85cfa96b151beed.jpg

d5abdfbc611db708c0032252b4339149.jpg

And this guy with only one antler.
5a10bbe0b2a2ab3929ccc856a4d96263.jpg

Hot dang, what lovely scenery.

Bergen being a bike town, it's prompted me to purchase a decent bicycle, and a never-ending array of various cycling gear. Since it's become some common, I won't have to fear looking too daft in my padded tights and fluorescent jacket...

Hot dang, what lovely scenery.

Bergen being a bike town, it's prompted me to purchase a decent bicycle, and a never-ending array of various cycling gear. Since it's become some common, I won't have to fear looking too daft in my padded tights and fluorescent jacket...
Cool regarding your biking! That is nice that Bergen is getting it going on for bikes. Bergen is where my Norwegian heritage originated, according to the records I am aware of.

Regarding the scenery, this area burned in forest fire in 2013 (Beaver Creek Fire was what it was called), and now is chock full of mountain hollyhock and fireweed (really a flower, not a weed) as pictured. Was really pretty yesterday.

I sold my bikes. Which sucked, because they were great, but with my stenosis leaning down on adult bike grips = neuropathy. On the upside, I bought an amp and some pedals.

I sold my bikes. Which sucked, because they were great, but with my stenosis leaning down on adult bike grips = neuropathy. On the upside, I bought an amp and some pedals.

Could you ride a cruiser style bike? You sit pretty much upright in those.
86487891.jpg

No they aren't going to be good for long rides but you could still get out. There's an older fellow that rides one around here

Speaking of long rides (for me). I did 63.6 miles today just 0.2 miles short of my longest ride. It wasn't very hilly, only about 2930' of climbing but I felt pretty great at the end of it (except for my right foot that was killing me at the end, the bike shoes are just a bit too tight for my wide feet). My speed was very good for the distance I thought, 15.8 mph. It's the second time I did a metric century. Never going to be a big long distance rider but I was pleased with how good I feel afterwards

Reactions: Tig
So this was just released about my home area. The drag races with burning logs is in the town where my home is, Hailey, a few miles south of Ketchum. The rest is up in and around Ketchum, where I work. Who wants to come join me on a ride and for a beverage, and maybe some guitar?

One benefit of working at my LBS is each October, you can enjoy the use of a demo bike for 1 year. You put down $200 and can use it for the following year. Road bikes are usually carbon fiber with Ultegra, and MTB's are something similar in value. As much as I love riding carbon, this little rocket is grabbing my eye instead.

Complete-Bike-750x400.jpg

The 1X version looks fun and fast, too. I have comfort and all around capability in my 'cross bike, and need something that can handle the speed of my group rides and occasional races when it gets 30+ MPH. Aero and stiff without beating me up like the old Cannondales used to do.

Specialized-Allez-Sprint-X1-630x420.jpg

20160203_180048_zpsmfyyqu6l.jpg

The 1X version looks fun and fast, too. I have comfort and all around capability in my 'cross bike, and need something that can handle the speed of my group rides and occasional races when it gets 30+ MPH. Aero and stiff without beating me up like the old Cannondales used to do.

It's aluminum? Good light material and best bang for buck. Carbon's just a little more plush ride, but maybe not worth the price difference.

Could you ride a cruiser style bike? You sit pretty much upright in those.
86487891.jpg

No they aren't going to be good for long rides but you could still get out. There's an older fellow that rides one around here

Speaking of long rides (for me). I did 63.6 miles today just 0.2 miles short of my longest ride. It wasn't very hilly, only about 2930' of climbing but I felt pretty great at the end of it (except for my right foot that was killing me at the end, the bike shoes are just a bit too tight for my wide feet). My speed was very good for the distance I thought, 15.8 mph. It's the second time I did a metric century. Never going to be a big long distance rider but I was pleased with how good I feel afterwards

This past Saturday I was driving past a popular bike/hike paved trail and saw an older guy decked out in full kit riding a beat up beach cruiser. I had to do a double take.

This past Saturday I was driving past a popular bike/hike paved trail and saw an older guy decked out in full kit riding a beat up beach cruiser. I had to do a double take.
:embarrassed:hmy:

I've heard of guys that have to wear their kits regardless but that seems a bit excessive to me. Then again I don't wear a kit in the first place so...:shrug:

Back