Yesterday's Partscaster project was actually practice for this...

jelloman

Couch'd Tater...

Bought these off Warmoth.com on a showcase clearance and just have not been able to find the time to sit down and put it together...until today...

Regal body, mahogany with maple cap...Royale neck, maple and ebony...24.75 scale...

The pickup combination was suggested by @Help!I'maRock! ...and he nailed it...Seymour Duncan Custom 59 at the bridge, Pearly Gates at the neck...I wired them with coil splits on both...

Gotoh bridge and tail, Hips hot tuners...

Close up? Sure!

Took some time to get set up, had to file the nut, but once I got it set the action is super low...

It sounds amazingly good...the Custom 59 is really robust but has bite...the Pearly Gates at the neck is full bodied but with a decent edge...

This one is definitely Barnstock bound...

Glad the pickups worked out, David. :thu:
So am I, but I listened to a lot of clips and liked what I heard...they have a lot more bite than the 57 classics in my Washburn and I really like the contrast...in single coil mode the Custom 59 has an almost P90 type of sound...so far I like the combination of the bridge in double and neck in single, switching between them gives a really nice balance and contrast...the Custom 59 also has a lot of drive but cleans up beautifully when you back off the volume...

Thank you for suggesting them...

So am I, but I listened to a lot of clips and liked what I heard...they have a lot more bite than the 57 classics in my Washburn and I really like the contrast...in single coil mode the Custom 59 has an almost P90 type of sound...so far I like the combination of the bridge in double and neck in single, switching between them gives a really nice balance and contrast...the Custom 59 also has a lot of drive but cleans up beautifully when you back off the volume...

Thank you for suggesting them...

Glad to help. That was the combination I would have put into an HH Tele. I bought the Ibanez Artist instead, so I never got to it.

Back