Linkin Park's singer: "We kept Metal alive"

I couldn't even tell you a single riff from a Linkin Park tune. I'm fortunate I guess.

I'm glad the Korns and the Limp Bizcuits have seemingly faded away. I wish Tool would come back to their former glory.

I couldn't even tell you a single riff from a Linkin Park tune. I'm fortunate I guess.

I'm glad the Korns and the Limp Bizcuits have seemingly faded away. I wish Tool would come back to their former glory.
Rumor has it Tool has a new album coming out either later this year or early next year.

Rumor has it Tool has a new album coming out either later this year or early next year.

I heard that. Apparently, Maynard lived a South American Jungle with spider monkeys for 2 years while he was doing the writing. They're going to call the album Monkey Wrench.

I don't know, I think Linkin Park and other bands at the time were more about keeping their own brand of metal popular with a new generation of listeners; metal in general never went away. Did Linkin Park help bands like Dream Theater, or the many death metal bands who were active at the time?

1181f794fd89876a1792c9b71c287c83.jpg

Reading the rest of that interview, I kinda get where he's coming from; their rap/pop/rock thing wasn't metal but they helped mainstream the nu-metal crapfest of that era. They had to have some good commercial success considering how they were all over the place during that period & I've always pegged them as that awful nu-metal band so I suppose he has a point. Course, I don't know if I'd go around bragging about giving birth to the popularity of nu-metal but whatever.

Back