I don't always listen to metal but when I do I prefer....

DdBob

Dogue in teh desert
*Dos Equis commercial voice* to listen to Matt pike cuz he's a passionate bad ass and just seems like a regular joe who loves what he is doing, infact you gotta hand it to the metal genre because those guys are in in for the love more than any other I do believe. It's not like they're making reverbcore or rootreggae, or trying to be pretentious...it's some dude doing what he was doing when he was 15 years old and never gave up the dream!

So who do you listen to when you listen to metal ?

Here's sleep with Mr. Pike

and some High on Fire

Well, then, when it comes to metal, I'm pretty old school:

Maiden
Priest
Dio-era Sabbath
Yeah that'd be metal. Metal is pretty wide open, lotta sub genres if you wiki it or something but I prefer to just call it all metal.

and some High on Fire

the song at 44minutes or thereabouts, maybe 44;10...this should be the dictionary definition of metal. In post two I was asked to "define" metal. my new answer is now this :love:beavis0Dude00Totally_jammin_out:hesh:

After comparing the two I still can't decide if I prefer brass or steel, but I'm definitely partial to a 3-barrel bridge.

Well, then, when it comes to metal, I'm pretty old school:

Maiden
Priest
Dio-era Sabbath
I guess those would be it for me too. Maybe some Blue Oyster Cult or Quiet Riot. I used to kind of consider Def Leppard Metal, but that shows how NOT metal I am.

I look back at this soundtrack and movie "Heavy Metal" that came out when I was a freshman in college. LOL. Not a lot of metal on it. My favorite song on it is Working in a Coal Mine by DEVO.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL37390DB39985A5A3

My favorite. So Metal dude! Dude00

And this one that I forgot about came on after. I kind of like it and I would guess it is actually a form of metal.
Never heard of the guys other than this soundtrack.

And just pointing out, Donald Fagen on an album called "Heavy Metal"?? Must be from a quiet part of the movie or something.

And this one that I forgot about came on after. I kind of like it and I would guess it is actually a form of metal.
Never heard of the guys other than this soundtrack.

And just pointing out, Donald Fagen on an album called "Heavy Metal"?? Must be from a quiet part of the movie or something.

Trust was a French band. Anthrax's song Antisocial is actually a cover of a Trust original. And Nicko McBrain from Iron Maiden played with them and was on their 'Savage' album (1981).

Anthrax, Faith No More, Suicidal Tendencies, and Living Colour (although they are much more than metal...if they're metal at all). CAn't forget Sabbath (no solo Ozzy though...never my bag). Soundgarden was once considered metal. Deep Purple, Zep, Queen...often limitedly defined as hard rock bands that were almost progressive, but dabbled in the world of metal as well.

John Coltrane played a metal instrument and he was super heavy too...

that's the adult swim show right?

Yup. It's great, I hink you'd dig it :thu:

My metal listening is pretty minimal.

Priest
Maiden
Sabbath
Ministry
Metallica
Megadeth
Opeth
Tiny bit of Yngwie and Paul Gilbert
And a bunch of stoner/doom/sludge stuff like Sleep and Electric Wizard

I'm not counting bands like BOC, Purple, Zep etc. as metal.

Back