Father's Day GC commercial for 12-pack of acoustic strings

Jbird

Kick Henry Jackassowski
Who the heck changes the strings on their acoustics so much that they need a 12 pack of them ???

Is your name Tommy Emmanuel? Leo Kottke? No? Then you don't need 12 packs of strings. They will go bad before you ever use them up :embarrassed:

I play my acoustics infrequently enough that they get new strings for every gig. I still go through 5-6 sets of strings a year. I blow through 30-40 sets of electric strings a year though. Probably even more.

I don't have acidic hands or issues so I go through acoustic strings about once every 4-6 months. I do play my acoustics very regularly more so than my electrics now as perform with them more. Just that my strings are coated Elixirs and they retain what I need for consistency.

Everyone is different!!!

Who the heck changes the strings on their acoustics so much that they need a 12 pack of them ???

Is your name Tommy Emmanuel? Leo Kottke? No? Then you don't need 12 packs of strings. They will go bad before you ever use them up :embarrassed:

That's a 6 month supply for me. The way I sweat all over the T5.... I change them about every 3 gigs so that can be 1 to 4 weeks depending on how busy we are. When I was using bronze, I was changing them every gig. The phosphor bronze I can get a couple shows out of them.

11061171_10205878750796437_55927816367251426_o.jpg

Last edited:
Have you tried Cleartone strings, @baimun ?

I swear they last alot longer, with better tone, than regular strings. Which is why I only change mine about once a year. Of course, I don't play outdoor gigs in 90 degree weather and sweat all over my strings...

Have you tried Cleartone strings, @baimun ?

I swear they last alot longer, with better tone, than regular strings. Which is why I only change mine about once a year. Of course, I don't play outdoor gigs in 90 degree weather and sweat all over my strings...

I've considered it... my local shop doesn't carry them but maybe I'll order a set to try out while I'm in the full on hot gig part of our schedule.

I just changed the strings on my acoustic last month so I'll be getting a new pack in my stocking at Christmas.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Back