(Holiday) Weekend Wrapup

Mark Wein

Grand Poobah
Staff member
Friday - not much - dinner out with my family after a shitastic week

Saturday - work and then gig at the Blue Beet: http://markweinguitarlessons.com/forums/threads/yeah-it-was-this-kind-of-night.76914/

imageuploadedbytapatalk1464515265-686053-jpg.27499

Sunday - family went to the craft fair and then a 4 week late birthday dinner with my inlaws

Monday - rest and recovery. Mrs W is sick and the rest of us are pooped. Except Sophia. She's kicking ass on the nerf battlefield.

13332866_10154272304437425_7729486272364279560_n.jpg

Spent the weekend in the Texas hill country. Saw my nephew graduate, ate tasty food, drank a lot. Highlights were wine and cheese tasting at Rancho Ponte winery, getting startled awake by thunderstorms about three times, and spending most of Sunday kicked back on the porch and listening to music.

Last edited:
Went shopping in Würzburg on Saturday, which its like one of my favourite places to be around here. Kids were happy, they got new smart phones.

Went swimming with the family on Sunday.

Friday - work. I had a handful of things all happen in the later part of the day. Knocked 'em all off in time to finish the day. Nice try, bastards.

Saturday - opened the pool. I still need to balance the chemicals and vacuum, but it's been shocked and circulating for a couple of days and it cleared up very nicely. Then went out to see the band. They did this (in case you didn't see it in the other thread):

Sunday - processed and uploaded media from the night before. My wife and daughter went to see the Lord of the Dance. I watched The Sum of All Fears thinking I hadn't seen it yet. I had. Several times.

Monday - not a holiday here, but had a dentist appointment. Had some tasty burgers done on the barbecue.

Friday- I was off work last week so i slept in very late and played guitar all day

Saturday and Sunday- had nowhere to go and no place to be so the missus and I hung out together. I cooked her Mushroom enchiladas saturday and stuffed Mushrooms sunday

Monday-went to a local Memorial Day service. They added 15 names to the WW1 wall, it was very moving
DSCN1528.JPG DSCN1543.JPG DSCN1542.JPG DSCN1545.JPG DSCN1546.JPG

Was off from Wednesday on, so...

Wednesday - went with dad to White Sox/Cleveland game.

Thursday - not much. Cut half the lawn.

Friday - other half of lawn. Played a little guitar.

Saturday - a little more yard work and errands. Saw CA:CW; really good.

Sunday - Took a nice long walk/run. Began Phase 1 of about a ten phase garage cleanup project :facepalm:.

Mem Day - Bike ride, then went to folks for a nice little gathering. Took daughter home afterward.

Friday - Practiced a little and made my display for Saturday's gig.

Saturday - Tested my PA and started to load up my truck for a gig later at night. Relaxed and chilled with my plants. Then went to the gig. I will do another thread on the gig later.

Randy and John - Lightened.jpg

Sunday - The Mrs. and had a lunch date and we went to Sam's club and picked up some stuff. We also went to Lowes and to my friends shop. He is one of the moderators and owner of a Plumeria group that I belong to on FB.

Monday - Finished assembling my new Weber Grill. Then I went to the store for some addtional items for dinner. Marinated the ribs and started to work on my plants. Gonna have some fresh tomatoes for the salad - woohoo!!!

DSCN0211 - S.jpg

DSCN0213 - S.jpg

Went great with the ribs and corn on the cob. Last of all, watched the Warriors defeat the Thunder. What a game!!!

Last edited:
Thursday: got 3.5 hrs sleep after working 7a-4p. Did monthly maintenance at work, 11pm- 7am Friday.

Friday: after an hour's sleep, pushed mowed for 2.5 hrs (cannot rode mow this area), then rode to mow the rest 1.5 hrs.

Saturday: rested and grilled some hot dogs.

Sunday & Monday: rested.

Friday, Saturday and Sunday was spent starting the recording of Wasted's first full length album.
Got drums sorted on all 12 songs, as well as a lot of the bass and rhythm guitars.
A quite exhausting 3 day session, but very fun.
It will kick arse. Verily. :rawk:

Monday: started on the mastering job for the album of my blues/rock band, should be done today (doing some listening tests now).
Upload tomorrow and release in about 2 and a half weeks. :)

A lot on my plate these days, but I like it that way. :embarrassed:

Friday: My buddy Luigi came over early and had an awesome arm and chest workout; we both hit PRs, 200# bench press for him and 155# for me. I had a doctor's appointment after that, but Lou hung out at my house with Ginsberg and played some Doom until I got back and then we grabbed lunch. Came home and did some laundry and played some Fallout 4.

Saturday: Got up early so my mum could pick me up; we drove across town for her to finally meet my future in-laws, and then both Ash and I'd families went with us for a second walk-through of the house we were making an offer on. We went out to lunch afterward, then I went back with Ash to her place. We took a nap for a bit and then headed over to Luigi's parent's house for a wedding reception for their youngest son. We stayed for a little while then went back to my house and ordered in pizza for dinner. We were anxious about our offer and went to bed early; we got a call a little after that saying the seller countered. We countered and went back to bed.

Sunday: Went to brunch. While there the seller countered again, so we did the same. Came home and Ashlee had to pack up to head home. She was on the road about ten minutes when she called to let me know they accepted our final offer! :grin: From there I had some calls and planning to do; my sister Katie is moving home in a few weeks and she's going to move into my place. After making further plans and details I rounded out the evening with some Game of Thrones... I wish every episode was two hours long!!!! :mad:

Monday: Worked.

Friday - Quiet day at the office. Went out and did some shopping at the thrift store.

Saturday - Some AM appointments, and the rested. In the evening I went into Worcester for the Dylan Appreciation night at WCUW radio. They have a great little performance space there. I was supposed to do It Takes A Lot to Laugh, It Takes a Train to Cry and Just Like Tome Thumbs blues (we were all to declare our song choices to avoid repeats). Two acts ahead of me opens up with It Takes a Lot to Laugh. :facepalm: They were apparently not only too good to tell the coordinator what they would play, they were also too good to look at the list of what other folks were playing. Luckily, I remember all the verses to ALl ALong the Watchtower, even though it has been years since I played it. It came out fine, and I had a ball. It was a great night of music.
13320992_10209813182874846_7150090145875113532_o.jpg

Sunday - Went to church and did grocery shopping.

Monday - I chilled all day long. It felt good.

Friday: My buddy Luigi came over early and had an awesome arm and chest workout; we both hit PRs, 200# bench press for him and 155# for me. I had a doctor's appointment after that, but Lou hung out at my house with Ginsberg and played some Doom until I got back and then we grabbed lunch. Came home and did some laundry and played some Fallout 4.

Saturday: Got up early so my mum could pick me up; we drove across town for her to finally meet my future in-laws, and then both Ash and I'd families went with us for a second walk-through of the house we were making an offer on. We went out to lunch afterward, then I went back with Ash to her place. We took a nap for a bit and then headed over to Luigi's parent's house for a wedding reception for their youngest son. We stayed for a little while then went back to my house and ordered in pizza for dinner. We were anxious about our offer and went to bed early; we got a call a little after that saying the seller countered. We countered and went back to bed.

Sunday: Went to brunch. While there the seller countered again, so we did the same. Came home and Ashlee had to pack up to head home. She was on the road about ten minutes when she called to let me know they accepted our final offer! :grin: From there I had some calls and planning to do; my sister Katie is moving home in a few weeks and she's going to move into my place. After making further plans and details I rounded out the evening with some Game of Thrones... I wish every episode was two hours long!!!! :mad:

Monday: Worked.

Congrats on the house!

Friday - nothing

Saturday - The wife took the kids to a country club as guests of some friends of ours. I hate country clubs and what they stand for, so I stayed home and played guitar. Then those friends had people over to their house in the evening, so I stayed home and played some more guitar :grin:. I went and picked the kids up and brought them home and we watched X-Men First Class.

Sunday - One of my wife's co-workers had a Memorial day cookout, so we headed out there. She lives on the Chesapeake Bay in an awesome house. They had a live band that was ok (the band was good, but they had a lady singing on some songs and singing backup, who I think, couldn't hear herself and she was way off).

Monday - My youngest wanted to go bowling so we went. I used to bowl in leagues, but haven't been bowling in probably 15 years. I had 2 bowling balls, but when I took them out of my bag, they were cracked all the way around, so I tossed them and ended up using a house ball. At least I broke 100 both games. Then we came home and grilled out.

drank too much Friday night, so most of Saturday was spent recovering. Sunday and Monday were delightful though - did some running, got over to the lake a couple times

Sunday: Went to brunch. While there the seller countered again, so we did the same. Came home and Ashlee had to pack up to head home. She was on the road about ten minutes when she called to let me know they accepted our final offer! :grin: From there I had some calls and planning to do; my sister Katie is moving home in a few weeks and she's going to move into my place.

Congrats on the house!! beavis0

Is Katie coming back good or bad news? Did NYC just not work out?

Friday - Fixed the vacuum cleaner and did some cleaning around the house. Made dinner for Amy and her daughter. Went to bed kind of early.

Saturday: Early AM run. I have been slacking on the running big time so this was short (just over 2 miles) and really slow - but I'm back in the saddle. Picked up Amy and daughter and went to Territory Days in old Colorado City. Old Colorado City is a really cool area with a lot of nice shops and restaurants, but this was a big festival that had thousands of booths selling stuff and way too many people. Got sunburned. Went back to Amy's place and made dinner then relaxed for the evening.

Sunday: Another short, slow AM run. Went to church in a park near downtown. Nice park. Hung out until about 1:embarrassed:0 so Amy's daughter could play. I remembered sunscreen but did not do my lower legs and those ended up getting sunburned :facepalm: . Went to Old Chicago for pizza and my first beer in about a month.

Monday: Slept in a bit and had a lazy morning. Ate breakfast then went for a hike in Palmer Park. That was a nice 2 hour hike with not a lot of people around. Took a couple pics along the trail with my crappy cell phone.

Went and tried a taco place in town afterwards. Good tacos but a bit overpriced. Visited Amy at work for a bit then went and and did some shopping. Amy came over after work and we ate and watched Sherlock.

Congrats on the house!! beavis0

Is Katie coming back good or bad news? Did NYC just not work out?

Thanks! :)

It's a mixed bag. She's spent the past three months auditioning constantly and she's just not getting any callbacks. At all. Two weeks ago she was finally offered a show... in Cincinnati. Then she was offered a second show... also in Cincinnati. Her reputation locally is so good that she can easily get paying work here, but she's kinda small fish in the huge pond of NYC. She works at a bridal gallery there and has been the top seller for the last three months, but at the bridal gallery she worked for at home she was also the top seller, same commission rate, and none of the NYC cost of living. Her BF is also local and they've been doing the long distance thing and everything has just clicked; since I'm leaving she can move right in, she can immediately start rehearsing for her show, and the her old boss wants her back and offers a completely flexible schedule. It's good she went and tried it because that alleviates the "what ifs..." a bit, I guess that ran it's course.

Well, let's see...

I worked Saturday, stopped at the grocery after and never left the house after that...

I set a goal for myself to have the house ready to present to a realtor by the end if the month... didn't make it...

Thanks! :)

It's a mixed bag. She's spent the past three months auditioning constantly and she's just not getting any callbacks. At all. Two weeks ago she was finally offered a show... in Cincinnati. Then she was offered a second show... also in Cincinnati. Her reputation locally is so good that she can easily get paying work here, but she's kinda small fish in the huge pond of NYC. She works at a bridal gallery there and has been the top seller for the last three months, but at the bridal gallery she worked for at home she was also the top seller, same commission rate, and none of the NYC cost of living. Her BF is also local and they've been doing the long distance thing and everything has just clicked; since I'm leaving she can move right in, she can immediately start rehearsing for her show, and the her old boss wants her back and offers a completely flexible schedule. It's good she went and tried it because that alleviates the "what ifs..." a bit, I guess that ran it's course.

NYC is a brutal place to make it musically, even if you are super talented. I'm glad she took the chance and gave it a shot.

Back