War never changes.

I'm still on vanilla campaign and just finished the Glowing Sea. First side quest after that and I found a hazmat suit. :annoyed:
That suit offers NO damage protection though. The Glowing Sea...she's a cruel mistress. I don't go there without power armor (and I rarely wear PA).

That suit offers NO damage protection though. The Glowing Sea...she's a cruel mistress. I don't go there without power armor (and I rarely wear PA).

Yeah, but through the Glowing Sea I just put on my power armor and went straight for the marker; didn't stop to explore or pick any fights.

The more I play the less I like the current power armor mechanic. I've got several suits just sitting around that never get used.

How in the hell did I miss this thread? I've only been playing FO4 for a couple months so far. Matter of fact, I built my PC with the idea of playing it in the first place. I get super FR's, about the only place it slows down is in a shootout with a bucket load of opponents. My toon, Janice is now about lvl 48 or so. Got her setup as a sniper. My game is modded like crazy. Mostly cosmetic things, but I have a few that make life in the wasteland a lot easier without breaking the immersion really bad. Here's a couple pics:

Janice pretty much as she came out of the vault.... I think she was about 2nd level here. I tried to make her look more like a young mom, than a teenager.

ScreenShot110ENHpng_zpsxjggjtwe.jpg

Last edited:
This shot is from her first visit to Fenway. I gave her a makeover, hair & makeup tweaks only. Since then she's looked pretty much like this:
ScreenShot77_zpsqezdrftq.jpg

This is on her first visit to RailRoad HQ. Most of the time she can be found wearing RadBans, tricked out Synth armor and toting a .50 cal sniper rifle.
ScreenShot177_zpsvat6ucin.jpg

This is in her more or less new apartment in Malden. The building is off the Nexus. It took me about 2 hrs of messing around with the setttlement kit just to place it all. That kitchen set is a bitch to get just right.

ScreenShot198enh_zpsbrrf5zgy.jpg

Relaxing on the sofa after throwing Deacon out. He wanted to get into her Hollister's.....
ScreenShot219enh_zpsfyrsfm0m.jpg

Last edited:
I went through my shots of Janice looking for the nicer ones. Here are a few. This post may contain spoilers, YMMV. I run my game in full 1080p, and I've only started to see slowdowns now that I have 2 & 4k textures all over the place.
This shot is from the second day out of the vault. It is one of the few that I have of her with her old eye makeup. She was yakking with Codsworth deciding whether or not to take him along.
ScreenShot123enh_zpsckxfemvu.jpg

This next shot is of her in Concord, right before she goes up on the roof for the power armor.

ScreenShot120ENH_zpsbropc5tq.jpg

A little bit later, she went up to the bridge deck to the east of the dish at Olivia and came back down with a nice .308 sniper rifle. The raider donated not only the rifle, but his life as well. This is in Sanctuary after the Minutemen set up shop. Janice was having one of her many chats with Preston.

ScreenShot20ENH_zpsbzdtyyyw.jpg

It was about here that I got her down to Fenway. That first trip was a bitch, and it took awhile. I had to go back and forth between points mebbe a dozen times before I actually made it into Boston proper. Set up a settlement or two, dispatch the raiders in Corvega, and picking up junk as I went. Haul back home to Sanctuary, rinse , repeat. This was also right around the time that v2.1 of Commonwealth Cuts came out. I had been adding mods all the time, and I think I was about up to 50 or so at this point.

ScreenShot37ENH_zpsmibfbzne.jpg

One of the mods I downloaded allowed me to put legendaries on weapons, clothes & armor on the crafting bench. From that point on, most of her stuff has been buffed out with either boosts to CHR, or STR. I generally put the STR on armor pieces.

Janice had been a busy girl. Among other places, she managed to figure out what was going on in Covenant. The CHR boost from the clothes really helped for this because the residents were real good at keeping their mouths shut. This was in the late afternoon. She had taken to wearing the Tortoise Rad-Bans most of the time after buying 'em from Fallon's. They make her look smarter & hotter IMHO.

ScreenShot123ENH_zpsm0qkbwqg.jpg

Fast forward a whole bunch of levels. This is from the Nakano residence, just before departing for Far Harbor. It had been raining for a couple days straight and Janice thought the sun felt awesome. It was just before this that Janice had met up with the Railroad. She had Hancock being her wingman, and he's well capable of handling himself in a fight. They sent her out on a few quests, and then took a break for a bit.

20160527205648_1ENH2_zpsgmaa0gcz.jpg

This shot was on the day before they left the Island. The view from near the telescope dome on top of Acadia is nice enough when the weather is clear.

20160530161703_1ENH_zpsuhmoycnh.jpg

Leaving the island the next night. Far Harbor is being left behind. It was probably 3 or so in the AM. The boat animations are really very well done.

20160605115111_1ENH_zpsrxzsimmm.jpg

Arriving back at the Nakano's place on the mainland . I wished they woulda made the ride animation in and out a lot longer. It's pretty much spot on for what the view looks like IRL.

20160527205749_1ENH_zpstqousywb.jpg

After she got back from Far Harbor, Janice started hauling & dropping off items for Tinker Tom. This was on top of one of the Skyscrapers in Boston. I built a set of hair & surgery chairs back in Sanctuary so I could swap hair & makeup whenever I wanted. Not having to pay for it or wait for the services in Fenway to be open is a huge plus too.
20160605201153_1ENH_zps1oeg8h1t.jpg

As you can imagine, the view is tremendous, even with the place being bombed out.

20160605182353_1ENH_zpsr1l5t40x.jpg

Last edited:
Now I have a bunch of shots from inside the institute. This wasn't till after I finished Far Harbor. This is pretty much the way Janice looks now, she is up to lvl 64. She is still with the Minutemen, although not as active as before. She joined the Institute and has quarters there. She is on track to become Director soon. She is also a double agent working for the Railroad. Couple interesting things happening there.And the BOS is now my enemy because I sided with the Institute. My mod count is about 145, give or take, I check out the Nexus every day to see what's new or updated.

This is from the first sequence when she starts meeting people inside for the first time. She's in a corridor headed up to another elevator checking stuff out as she goes along.

20160617213724_1ENH_zpslciy77ke.jpg

The expression on her face is pretty much what you would expect after meeting her son for the first time:

20160617213620_1ENH_zpslx28xbnj.jpg

Here, she is talking to her son. This was a bit of time later, and after a meeting with all the department heads. Her son wants her to be the new Director and take his place. They don't trust her yet. I think she needs a string of pearls or some other jewelry.

20160618095314_1ENH_zpsgfppolpa.jpg

20160618095334_1ENH_zps9dp0n3bk.jpg

Janice talking to one of department heads through an intercom. There's a big transparent window in front of her.

20160617214558_1ENH_zpsqkuor4tj.jpg

OMG, you turned her into Sarah Palin: Freeburty Raider.
I wasn't going for that, but Hmmmm..... yea, I do see the resemblance. Next toon I make I am gonna try for Melissa Benoist AKA Supergirl. Flippin scorching hot IMHO, especially with the smile.

Janice is now lvl 73. A couple days ago, she went on a raid with the Railroad to take down the BOS. That was some whale of a firefight. After resting up, she went shopping up on the Nexus for some new clothes and bathing suits. The ones she had were not fitting her right anymore, she has been getting buffed out in the wastes.

20160625104842_1ENH_zpsjqnmaetf.jpg

She took a little day trip out to Nordhagen Beach. Yes, that's what's left of the Prydwyn over her shoulder.

20160625113508_1ENH_zpssfyr3ges.jpg

20160625113951_1.enhjpg_zpsbodgm9sn.jpg

Just as she was enjoying the day out at Nordhagen, she got a call for help back up in Far Harbor. So she packed her duffle and off she went early the next morning. Kasumi was happy to see Janice in her workshop before she left on the boat.

20160625112228_1ENH_zpsmpmx0uwm.jpg

It took a couple hours to get to Far Harbor, but the weather was nice and the sun warm. Janice made it into port well before dark.

20160625165759_1ENH_zpsa1vbtb51.jpg

The trip to Maine was a short one. The settlement needing help was at the northern end of the island, and the hostiles didn't put up much of a fight. The next day, Janice went to the southern end of the island for some sightseeing. Unfortunately, a group of Muties had taken over the old Hotel along the coast. After clearing them out, she went up on the roof of the place. The view was spectacular, as the weather was cooperating. Up on the hill is the great dome of Acadia's observatory. Way off in the distance in the second shot is one of the remote coastal islands.
20160625174701_1ENH_zpswxzlhuue.jpg

20160625174530_1ENH_zpszvlqj5k6.jpg

20160625174431_1ENH_zpssivrzfkd.jpg

Janice's trip to Maine ended all too soon. Seems there was something up at the Institute that needed her attention. After she got back into town, Janice took a short trip out to Bunker Hill since the weather was still nice. The view was pretty good from inside the monument even though it was getting late in the day. Still pretty bright enough to see the skyline.

20160612182654_1enh_zpsyvblceml.jpg

20160612182929_1ENH_zpsq9w2dhds.jpg

After going home for the night, Janice needed a shower and some sleep. She was so damn tired she didn't even bother to remove her makeup.

20160625104423_1ENH_zpszydo9vqd.jpg

20160625104542_1ENH_zpsgvw0tdfj.jpg

After waking up, Janice put on some clean clothes and headed off to the Institute. She had a very short meeting with her son, and then off to the boardroom for another meeting with the department heads. Seems that they now trust her to be director.

20160620204737_1ENH_zpsjassuc79.jpg

20160620204849_1ENH_zpsqsbwvq8f.jpg

20160620204916_1ENH_zpsmnnzxs89.jpg

One thing I have noticed is that the two factions really don't like each other. Trying to stay neutral is getting harder all the time. I may have to choose sides yet again to see how it all plays out.

Last edited:
I just started Faah Haabaaa this weekend. So far I like it a lot, but I just got to the stupid memory puzzle thing.

I just started Faah Haabaaa this weekend. So far I like it a lot, but I just got to the stupid memory puzzle thing.
That quest was easily the worst questing experience I've had in any game ever, BUT, fah haaabah might be my favorite gaming experience ever, on the whole (though Dawnguard was wicked awesome too). I love that you can make actual choices that actually matter.

I'm up to the last two main story missions in faaa harbaaa, and I am at the point where I have to make some serious decisions about the future of the island.

I gotta be totally honest here, Janice is atrociously ugly. Just sayin. Not that I'm much better at making female avatars but something about her hair combo with a young fit body and an older face is just off putting.

Back