Anyone row?

BlockInlay

Octavate.band
I'm thinking about getting a Concept2 rowing machine. Does anybody use one of these? Would be interested in hearing your thoughts.

I'm finally starting to see some free time appear in my day to day as the kids get a little older. I've got a beat up Nordic Track x-country ski machine that I've been jumping back onto and I'd like to mix things up with some rowing as well. Once I've dropped about 10lbs and my heart and lungs work properly again, I plan on diving back into P90X land.

I rowed for a while in college, until I realized I was spending way more time rowing than studying. There was also a bunch of "team building" initiation crap that I wanted no part of which made me a black sheep....so I quit and took up Ultimate Frisbee and weed. One of the best decisions I made. It was fantastic exercise though and I loved being out on the water.

C2 is the standard CrossFit rower, and I guess pretty standard with a lot of colleges too.

It's a great rower, but not cheap; ice been trying to find a used one for months and can't find one under $800. Take care of one and it'll last you a lifetime.

C2 is the standard CrossFit rower, and I guess pretty standard with a lot of colleges too.

It's a great rower, but not cheap; ice been trying to find a used one for months and can't find one under $800. Take care of one and it'll last you a lifetime.

Yes they're amazing machines. I'm trying convince my wife that we should just buy one new off Amazon. I'm applying the typical GAS techniques...it's not THAT much more than a used one, you get a warranty and return policy, you don't have to go to some sketchy dude's house to get it, etc. She's generally pretty good about investing in fitness toys.

Yes they're amazing machines. I'm trying convince my wife that we should just buy one new off Amazon. I'm applying the typical GAS techniques...it's not THAT much more than a used one, you get a warranty and return policy, you don't have to go to some sketchy dude's house to get it, etc. She's generally pretty good about investing in fitness toys.

Yeah. That's just a LOT of coin while I know I'd use it during a WOD, I don't know how much I'd use it on the daily. I certainly like to believe I'd use it plenty.

got myself a D rower. man, i can't row like i did when i was 18. holy jumping shit balls. if i don't kill myself, i'll be back in fantastic shape and conditioning in no time.

I bought a new waterrower around 10 years ago. Didn't get enough use out of it for the price it cost but it was a quality piece of equipment. I remember trying to sell it on Craigslist and couldn't, think I left it in one of my parent's storage sheds where it still sits.

Alright, so on Tuesday I ripped up an old pool deck made of brick and pavers. Yesterday I rowed my first half marathon, 21,097m. At ~12.5 miles, it certainly isn't as grueling as running the same distance but I managed to do it without stopping and at a reasonable pace.

This morning, my alarm went off, I swung my feet out of bed to get up, and tumbled to the floor. LOL all the muscles between my upper legs and lower back are full of battery acid and sandpaper. I'm literally laughing as I try to get around the house like a 2,000 year old man.

Back