HNUBD

Gary Blanchard

beloved, local musician
I am now the owner of an Ibanez Mikro short scale bass. Here's a crappy cell phone picture. :grin:
16%2B-%2B2

I'm not wild about the looks, but I got it cheap, and it will be perfect for recording purposes. It feels much like an electric guitar in terms of size and weight, and is easy for a non-bass player like me to play. I can't wait to do some recording with it soon. electricguitar054

HNBD!
Do you have an amp?
If not,look into the Ampeg BA-108.
Great little amp .

Not a Luna bass? :confused:
Well, I just need something to use for recording and got a great deal on this. Also, since Yvonne left, Luna is not what it once was. Their Facebook posts are pretty much all promotional; they have made a post or two suggesting some type of social action, but then don't follow through.

I filmed a TV show today and played my Epiphone AJ-45 the whole time. I still have the Lunas and will use the 12-string and another 6-string for open-tuning, but that AJ45 is a fantastic guitar.

I think this is going to be cool to play, though it makes me think of my brother. He was an amazing, melodic bass player. I'll never come up with bass lines like his.

Are you still looking for an acoustic bass, or did you decide to go this route instead? FYI, I have an older Ibanez bass (GR200) and even though it's a really basic POS, it sounds just fine and more than does the job for me. I'll bet you'll find the same with yours.

Are you still looking for an acoustic bass, or did you decide to go this route instead? FYI, I have an older Ibanez bass (GR200) and even though it's a really basic POS, it sounds just fine and more than does the job for me. I'll bet you'll find the same with yours.
I wasn't specifically looking for an acoustic bass, just an affordable one. Since it is strictly for recording I am not too concerned about looks; this is easy to play. I have been practicing bass lines for a couple of new songs and can't wait to record with it. I ordered flat wound strings for it and will wait till they arrive before I record.

It is fun to play, I must say.

Back