What additions do you like in your mac n cheese ?

Additions? It's called mac and cheese, dammit, not mac and cheese and whatever. :old:

Unless it's called LOBSTER Mac and Cheese.

129-lobster-mac-and-cheese400.jpg

I like to steam cauliflower and add it before baking (I exclusively make it from scratch, using cheddar, jack, feta and parmesan cheeses and sprinkle panko crumbs, butter and cheese on top.) It's almost undetectable, and back when the kids lived at home it was a painless way to get some cruciferous veggies down their gullets.

Adding anything to Mac 'n' Cheese is the culinary equivalent of a Reitze guitar...

Heretics.

You, sir.....have never had Lobster Mac and Cheese, have you?
:wink:

It is the equivalent of a taste-bud orgasm.
It's sinful.
Hot, buttery lobster meat, covered with the cheese and the starch of the pasta. Perhaps a slightly crispy cracker/breadcrumb crust in there.....all in one fork-ful.

HOLY FUCK am I jonesing.

It's all in there, people. I promise.

I'm a mac and cheese purist as well. I love lobster too, but I don't think the cheese plays well with it, so the lobster detracts from the purity of the mac and cheese and the mac and cheese detracts from the lobster, for me.

I'm a mac and cheese purist as well. I love lobster too, but I don't think the cheese plays well with it, so the lobster detracts from the purity of the mac and cheese and the mac and cheese detracts from the lobster, for me.

Blasphemer!

Burn him......burn him now!

:Gary Blanchard Old Guy With Cane Smiley:

*shit, guess that one is broken*

Nah, man......it's all good.
Mac-N-Cheese, no matter how you like it, ought to be about comfort food, footie pajamas on, drinking a good beer, and enjoying a fucking bowl of Mac-N-Cheese, exactly how you like it. I prefer to sit in front of a good fire on a cold night and enjoy mine.

Cracker crust? Cool.
Breadcrumb crust? Cool.
No crust? Not quite as cool, but I'll leave that in your court.
:wink:

Everyone likes Mac-N-Cheese. Everyone.

It's like the Kauer guitar of foods.......the workingman's guitar, but everyone likes their own flavors.

(I'm hoping if I plug Kauer guitars enough, Doug will send me one........probably not, but shit, I'll keep trying. )

That's a joke, btw......but @dougk , if you want to send me one to try out. I would. Just saying.

Bacon, onions, peas, lobster...not all at once, mind you. One or two additions can be great. Any more, and it's easy to overdo it.

Cheezy Wheezy

Our famous beef burgers are grilled to order, topped with lettuce, tomatoes, onions & pickles. Served with fresh cut fries.

We top the burger with Mac & Cheese and a slice of Swiss Cheese.

Ketchup.

Yeah, I'm wierd.

Any meat is good. Believe it or not, melting peanut butter in it is pretty amazing too.

I'm probably fat for a reason

Ketchup.

Yeah, I'm wierd.

Any meat is good. Believe it or not, melting peanut butter in it is pretty amazing too.

I'm probably fat for a reason
The "Yeah, I'm weird" should come after the peanut butter, not the ketchup. I'm an adventurous eater, but that sounds horrid.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

IMO you can add one theme ingredient to mac n cheese and get away with it. Some exampes include

Bacon, obviously
Leftover ham...really just a low grade bacon experience
Small can of diced green chillis
Handful of chopped chives

Back