Beth-A Person

She seems pretty genuine...true rocker-chick. Not that familiar with her work, although I did like the stuff she did with Bonamassa. Watching the video now. Diggin' her version of I Don't Need No Doctor. I was a big Humble Pie fan back in my youth.

Edit: Continuing to watch, and they have that clip in there again. :confused:

Last edited:
I find her uncomfortable to look, which has nothing to do with anything...obviously. She looks like some brothers I used to know that were kinda fucked up, at least one was a junky.

To the point, I'm not a fan, but I do hear that she can sing quite well.

I can pick out one of here songs every time.

When did that become a bad trait??

Couldn't the same be said about Johnny Cash,David Lee Roth,Alison Krauss,Ian Gillian,Bob Dylan,Leonard Cohen,Dwight Yoakam,Roy Orbison,Hank Williams,Tom Petty,Paul Rogers,Robert Plant,George Jones,etc..You get the point...

Try turning on today's radio and telling one from the other,(in most cases)

I saw her at Atlantic City with Jeff Beck in 2005 or 2006. She killed doing songs that Rod Stewart sang on from the Truth album. Morning Dew sent chills up my spine.

I do see what people are saying about the vibrato. in the HP cover. Still not a deal breaker for me. She has amazingly strong pipes.

I find her uncomfortable to look, which has nothing to do with anything...obviously. She looks like some brothers I used to know that were kinda fucked up, at least one was a junky.
At one point she looked like...this...

maxresdefault.jpg

...she made a remarkable recovery...

REVIEW...

I've been following Joe Bonamassa's career for some time now and, never have I felt that he doesn't give his best each time he goes into the studio. Mind you, it doesn't mean that every new album is better than the last, but that his craft and his musical personality are getting finer and finer. And this album is the best example there is of that ongoing evolution. In fact, it's primarily a Beth Hart album. The album could've been a duel of sort between guitar and voice, but it's much more than that. Joe is voluntarily not driving, but in the back seat. He's not there to steal the show or even share the front-scene. He has the elegance (the musical maturity) to step back, so that Beth Hart can have all the space that she deserves to showcase her tremendous talent and mastery of the blues idiom. These two artists have concocted a fabulous cocktail of songs, some old, some new, with a freshness, a crispness and a gut feeling that will stir your inside for sure. Either that, or you're already dead !...

These two artists have concocted a fabulous cocktail of songs, some old, some new, with a freshness, a crispness and a gut feeling that will stir your inside for sure. Either that, or you're already dead !...

(Can anyone spare some mojo - apparently I am already dead?...)

Back