I think that I ran out of GAS....

Modern Saint

Starve your Fear, Feed your Dream!
No desire to go to the store and gawk
No desire to get something new
No desire to get something used

What happened?? :shrug:

Yes there are a few pieces that I would want...

Rickenbacker 620/12; 350; 330
Kauer Starliner
Harmony Stratotone and/or Archtop

But I don't have a current need - strange...yet cool!

I'm in a similar situation. Actually, though, I'm contemplating selling several guitars to make space for one of these:

Gallery-Temp-File-557x380-Chim-334.jpg

i haven't run out of G.A.S
it's just that the stuff i want is all WAY out of my affordability for the forseeable future.

I am in the same boat. The only real GAS I have is for a good acoustic and that is way outside my financial ability so it is not even on the radar. I like my current equipment a lot (well - I just kinda like my acoustic) and being bandless I have no need at the moment to upgrade.

After I bought my Collings I'd say 90% of my GAS has dissipated. There are quite a few electrics I'd like, but since I play my acoustics so much more that I really don't need it. My GAS seems to have transmitted to buying gym gear. I really like the GPOTD today but for that price I'd rather buy a rower. :embarrassed:

After I bought my Collings I'd say 90% of my GAS has dissipated. There are quite a few electrics I'd like, but since I play my acoustics so much more that I really don't need it. My GAS seems to have transmitted to buying gym gear. I really like the GPOTD today but for that price I'd rather buy a rower. :embarrassed:

That's interesting in that I'd never think to buy exercise equipment. That's what gyms are for. That said, I can completely understand not wanting to be restricted to exercising and working out on their hours, but I'd never buy exercise equipment that was functional as well, like a bike or a kayak. I'd also never buy the GPOTD, although it looks like really nice work.

That's interesting in that I'd never think to buy exercise equipment. That's what gyms are for. That said, I can completely understand not wanting to be restricted to exercising and working out on their hours, but I'd never buy exercise equipment that was functional as well, like a bike or a kayak. I'd also never buy the GPOTD, although it looks like really nice work.

I have a nice squat rack at home with about half of the weights I have available at the gym, just for doing extra skill work. I really like rowing too and would enjoy doing more of it at home; that's my favourite cardio workout and it also integrates some strength and resistance training, depending on your motor pull settings.

I still have GAS. I am gassin for a good Tele,LP ( Heritage please ) and an acoustic.
For the acoustic I am thinking of a Luna. Damn you Gary!

Yeah, the GAS has subsided for me, as well. I have had an eye on a Taylor 356ce 12 string for a while now, but I'm in no hurry to make it happen. There will always be another "my 12-string" out there when I'm ready.

Yes there are a few pieces that I would want...

Rickenbacker 620/12; 350; 330
Kauer Starliner
Harmony Stratotone and/or Archtop

But I don't have a current need - strange...yet cool!

Me too. Now more into mic pres then guitars.

I remember hitting 48th street back in 1990 or so and I walked don the line of stores and went into a few. At one point I was standing in Sam Ash and thought to myself: "Self, there is absolutely nothing in here that I want, desire or need".

It was both a horrible feeling and an enlightening feeling all at the same time. Since then I have noticed one big difference in my guitar and equipment buying habits:

I have bought very few pieces that I have turned over since this 'epiphany'. Maybe it was the turning point when I stopped being impressed with shiny things and started seeing equipment that would remain functional and useful over time, I do not know but in the long run things have been easier since that day.

Start saving for a starliner then. :helper:

When you don't have gas for small distractions it's easier to save for a big ticket item.

I remember hitting 48th street back in 1990 or so and I walked don the line of stores and went into a few. At one point I was standing in Sam Ash and thought to myself: "Self, there is absolutely nothing in here that I want, desire or need".

It was both a horrible feeling and an enlightening feeling all at the same time. Since then I have noticed one big difference in my guitar and equipment buying habits:

I have bought very few pieces that I have turned over since this 'epiphany'. Maybe it was the turning point when I stopped being impressed with shiny things and started seeing equipment that would remain functional and useful over time, I do not know but in the long run things have been easier since that day.

That happened long ago for me. The funny part was the buying frenzy I went though the past 4-5 years. Much of it was needs (and a few wants) for what I have been doing and pursuing. Some of the things that I bought over the past 10 years I have been purging only because the item was not what I was looking for. Not many pieces, but there were some.

Back