2010 PRS NF3 with second loaded pickguard, truss cover, and backplate.

baimun

Funkasaurus Rex
UPDATED SOLD
I bought this NF3 from the Vintage Rocker/Birds and Moon Forum to get me through a series of gigs while my #1 guitar was being refretted and two custom builds were being completed. Well my Taylor is back and better than ever with the new frets and one of the two custom builds is on it's way to me, so it's time to make some room.

486-1453086768-537698499e905feca59bb2cf00545584.jpg

The stock NF pickguard is (now sold) with only the hot and ground to the output snipped. I custom made the flat black pickguard and loaded it with some Fender Tex Mex singles and a custom 5 way super switch. Position 1) Bridge, 2) Bridge + Middle, 3) Middle, 4) Bridge + Neck, 5) Neck. The covers that are on it are all flat black while the stock ones have the white outline layer.

This guitar was gigged before I got it and I've played a half dozen outings with it so there are pick swirls and a couple little marks here and there but no really big blemishes. Neck feels like a dream and the guitar is very light. Although it looks opaque in the pics, in good light the korina shows through the dark translucent black finish.

487-1453120340-56914732468e4e555c5878cd67797403.jpg

With stock pickups and pickguard.
481-1452694020-1a297b13d89b1a9c329afe98b69b15f0.jpg

$SOLD Shipped with stock NF3 pickups and pickguard, and PRS hardshell case.

Thank you!

So I've been made a couple offers from a few members so I'll extend the options out to everyone in case we want to part some of this out.

Loaded NF3 Pickguard, knobs, white outline covers: $SOLD

Loaded Fender Pickguard, knobs: $SOLD

Guitar minus pickguard, but including flat black truss cover and backplate, with hardshell case: $SOLD

I know those add up a bit more than the whole thing, but I'm looking at separate shipping for those items and I'm willing to work with those who are in need/want/G.A.S.

If I list it on Reverb, I'll raise the prices.

Last edited:
Man, I wish despite the total lack of need. My previously mentioned boss vetoes the very notion. It would be cool to quick solder connection to swap the pickguards (like Music Man used to do with the original Silhouettes and Axis (the original name for what became the Albert Lee) models.

I had planned on putting a quick connect on these, but couldn't find two sets around my bench so I just soldered them up. I literally got the pickguard changed, the guitar intonated and went to a gig the next day. :embarrassed:

fuck...if I had the cash. if it had a RW board, I'd start selling @Chad 's organs to fund it (seemed like a better idea than selling my own).

Wait, we can sell other people's organs? If they weren't so old, I'd love to sell the organs of some of the presidential candidates (both sides as well as those claiming the middle). Unfortunately I think those are all quite toxic.:thu:

I dig that (with the original p/u config.), but I've no real need for it.
Plus, I have some more pressing GAS ATM.

fuck...if I had the cash. if it had a RW board, I'd start selling @Chad 's organs to fund it (seemed like a better idea than selling my own).

Well after cancer treatment when I was a kid and all of the drinking I did in college you may get enough from my organs to buy the strings :grin:

Just updated the listing with options for parting out the pickguards as a couple of the guys on the BAM forum were asking about getting the separate pickguard.

@newbuilder @Chad @altoidman

I sold the loaded NF pickguard, so at this point if I sell either the custom loaded pickguard, the unloaded guitar, or both I'm in good shape.

If any of you want the guitar only (unloaded) I'll include the pickguard so you can load it yourself or make your own.

If I sell the loaded pickguard to a PRS owner, I'll make another and load it with 2 P90's. :helper:

Back