Anyone playing Chapman Guitars?

I’ve never even seen one in person. There’s a dealer somewhere in Denver, but the designs aren’t exciting enough to justify the drive.

I do. I have an ML1. I must be one of very few non-shredders who play one. :grin:

For the money, it's a fantastic guitar. Could cost about twice as much and still be worth it imo, considering what the big companies charge for their stuff.
Good hardware (Grover tuners, Wilkinson bridge on mine), decent pickups and setup was perfect when I got it.
Had mine for about a year and no issues at all with it. Great workhorse guitar, very versatile. :thu:

Mind you, neck is quite flat and fairly wide, which obviously isn't for everybody.

I’ve never even seen one in person. There’s a dealer somewhere in Denver, but the designs aren’t exciting enough to justify the drive.
Shit, I'm gonna drive out, get a motel room, a dime of weed, and check out some guitars.

I've had a ML3 and a Ghost Fret for extended stays at my home.

They are made at the same place that PRS makes the SE Korean lines, so the quality is up there. I'd actually put the Chapman a hair higher in the QA dept than the PRS, but that could be because they are trying to get established.

Good stuff at a pretty good price, but, you have to be ok with the satin finishes. I don't think they have a gloss anything outside the special run stuff that comes and goes.

I've had a ML3 and a Ghost Fret for extended stays at my home.

They are made at the same place that PRS makes the SE Korean lines, so the quality is up there. I'd actually put the Chapman a hair higher in the QA dept than the PRS, but that could be because they are trying to get established.

Good stuff at a pretty good price, but, you have to be ok with the satin finishes. I don't think they have a gloss anything outside the special run stuff that comes and goes.

Which ML3 do you have? I have been jonesing on-and-off for the Traditional in satin blue for awhile:

CHAPMAN-ML3-TRADITIONAL-SATIN-BLUE-01.jpg

i have an ML-2. The fit and finish is as good as any guitar i've owned. Grover tuners and TonePros bridge are standard. The pickups are factory stuff but well worth leaving in unless you want something more specific. I am planning on adding quite a few more Chapmans to the collection. I love the fact they are designed by the community.

Back