War never changes.

Thread needs more screenshots- Here's one of mine that I like.

2015_11_20_00001.jpg

I finished it. I did two different faction endings for kicks. It was a good game. The endings were just OK for me. I think I am level 94. There are still plenty of places I have not yet explored, so I am going to just wander around for a while.

Level 26 and I still don't have a companion besides dogmeat...and minuteman guy for a brief instant.

I didn't find some of the companions until I was damn near the end of the game. If you follow the quest line you end up paired with some of the companions automatically for a bit. I didn't really stick with any of them for very long. I played most of the game with Cait, Hancock, and Nick.

Dogmeat is my preferred companion, if only for the Lone Wanderer perk tree.

i like dogmeat, except he gets in my way a lot and he makes me feel guilty that i'm ignoring my real dogs when i play.

my concern is that i thought by now other companion options would have presented themselves. i haven't been to diamond city yet, so maybe that's the reason.

i like dogmeat, except he gets in my way a lot and he makes me feel guilty that i'm ignoring my real dogs when i play.

my concern is that i thought by now other companion options would have presented themselves. i haven't been to diamond city yet, so maybe that's the reason.

It's pretty easy to get him to stay out of the way, provided you command him to. He's also really good at setting up an ambush.

I've found about five or six possible companions, but for the Lone Wanderer perk you can't have any other than Dogmeat. Increased carrying capacity, damage reduction, and damage dealing? IMO totally worth it.

The super mutant my son has as a companion is a BEAST!

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Things are starting to get really repetitive and I'm so sick of dealing with full inventory that I've stopped looting aside from high end shit. I'm leaving a trail of fully equipped (and eaten) corpses all over the Commonwealth. I've been getting loads of mission bugs and other strange bugs too. There must have been a PC update recently.

Things are starting to get really repetitive and I'm so sick of dealing with full inventory that I've stopped looting aside from high end shit. I'm leaving a trail of fully equipped (and eaten) corpses all over the Commonwealth. I've been getting loads of mission bugs and other strange bugs too. There must have been a PC update recently.

Yeah, that happened to me too. I got so bored with the radiant quests that I had to get as far away from my damn settlements and pursue the main quest. I wanted to free explore, but the game kept sucking me back to doing stupid radiant quests. I've killed everyone in the Corvega assembly plant like 1000 times. I've rescued 100,000 kidnapped settlers, and I took care of those ghouls that have started wandering out. UUUGGGHHHH.

So, I've been playing this game HARD for the past month or so. Really, every second of free time has been spent playing this game. I'm currently at level 65.

A few thoughts...

I've been spending some time over at Bethesda forums, and there are some very angry people over there. Many hate that it's more of a shooter and less of an RPG than the prior FO games. As this is my first, I don't have any such reference to compare it to, and I think that FO4 is a fun RPG. I'm really enjoying the settlement building, despite its flaws. The low building cap on PS4 is a total fucking drag, but I was able to work around that by using a storage glitch. I'm trying not to abuse it, as I hear that it can wreck your game or corrupt your save file.

My biggest complaint with the game is simply the number of unique quests. After a quick bit of Googling, I determined that Skyrim has approximately 300, and I'm including the first of all radiant quests in that number, since it's new the first time. Fallout 4 has less than 150. PLUS, because of the faction system, you lose out on a ton of quests once you side with one group or another. ALSO, because the faction "web" is so intricate, even if you side with the group that you ultimately want to work with early, you can miss other quests in other factions which yield unique items before you get past the point of no return. As a completionist, this drives me absolutely batshit crazy. I've lost out on at least four items so far that are now unobtainable, and two of those are really fucking cool. :mad:

So, I have no unique quests left. I have a few more unique armor pieces and weapons to find/obtain. But I just had no idea that the quests were so limited in FO4. If I had, then I would have taken a LOT longer with the MQ. Sure, I'll start other characters, and experience the other endings, but I was hoping to play my first character for a year or so before that (as I did with Skyrim). That's not going to happen. I can only save so many more kidnapped settlers before I start to lose my mind.

Yeah, I've been playing a lot of 3DS lately to take a break from Fallout. I'm level 39 on my current "main" and am only up to the Glowing Sea as far as the primary quest line, but advancing quickly into the Brotherhood of Steel faction quest. It seems like Bethesda made this a game where multiple playthroughs are required if you want to be a completionist, rather than a Skyrim style, "Do everything with a single character. " I kinda like it, I kinda don't.

I kinda like it, I kinda don't.
yeah, for sure. BoS legendary power armor is a prime example. You want that? Well you have to make choices. I personally don't care for it as a player, because I want all of the things. However, in the RP aspect, I think it makes more sense. So, I guess I'm with you on that (leaning more toward the aggravation side, but still).

I'm looking forward to this. I hope it will fill the hole left in my gaming interest by the crappy development of The Division. I had high hopes for that game, but it seems the developers just don't give a shit about it. Fallout4 had issues, but it was still a fully functional game with a ton of things to do.

Last edited:
I started playing again two weeks ago; trying to hunt down things I haven't done before. I still haven't ever finished the main quest. :embarrassed:

My 10 year old is a level 56 with something like 88% completion. I, however, have yet to break the 2 hour mark. Little brat.
He has a robot arena where he builds and battles bad ass robots. He's got like a dozen of them!

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Anyone played Faaah Haaabaaah?

I finished it by the end of the first weekend, and I loved it. There was a memory puzzle section that can eat my ass, but otherwise it was wicked fun.

Back