Oh boy.... I have a gig in 36 hours and I just woke up with...

baimun

Funkasaurus Rex
... Larengytis. :embarrassed:

Looks like Tea, soup, honey, and all that good stuff to see if I can be in singing condition by tomorrow, or we're going to have a 4 hour instrumental jam. :annoyed:

Get a T-shirt made up that says "He's the singer" with an arrow pointing at one of the other guys...

even with laryngitis, you still sound better than I do singing. If you voice isn't ready to go by show time, take few shots of bourbon before you go on. It may not help your voice, but you won't remember the show. :grin:

Mojo.

I've had more sick days than healthy days since fucking October. This latest thing just won't quit. No sooner do I feel like I've turned the corner, than the damned thing reloads and hits me again.

I am so over it. I snapped a little at rehearsal Monday night after several times having to sing the same impossible song over again because "we" were fucking it up. It was one of those nights where everything is a challenge, everything is a trainwreck. My voice was shot, I was in a bad mood thanks to you fucking clowns :wink: and my patience level was zero.

After the bass player began the evening by asking if his buddy from Germany could sit in on drums for a song or two at a show next month (I agreed, reluctantly), he then asked what I thought about bringing his "Smoking hot" female friend on stage to sing "Voices Carry"...

My response was a tad vicious, albeit completely warranted. It included such classic rebuttals as "we aren't a fucking karaoke band", "If she's so great, maybe she should start her own fucking band", and "How in the fuck am I supposed to worry about a bunch of unknown commodities joining us on stage at a paid gig when we can't get through a 45 minute set in rehearsal without fucking it up on songs we've already played a thousand gawddammed times?!?!".

My message got through. I got a very apologetic email later. Gebus, sometimes you just have to be a dick to reign shit in before it reaches critical mass.

Voice mojo.

It'll come back it time. Rest, fluids and what you are taking.

If you can, gargle with sea salt (Hawaiian Salt if available) and warm water (mixed) too.

Update. I did the Tea, and airborne well the laryngitis turned into congestion cough and runny nose. I paced myself throughout the gig but I felt the high notes falling off in the second set third set got even rougher but I made it through.

Now five hours later I sound like the central Scrutinizer. Or maybe the Budweiser frogs. :embarrassed:

Fortunately I'm only working a half day today. Then my wife and I are going to go see Deadpool and go to a hockey game none of which require much talking from me.

Sorry I'm late the the thread, but next time:

1097a134767441158b41701cbc1b59d6-chloraseptic-so.jpg

Back