WTF: Beyonce : Criminally overrated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know one Beyonce song: All the single girls
I know one Coldplay song: Something la vida something
I know that Bruno Mars song about being lazy.

That is all...

All that being true, it is gender-related negativity, not race-related. Furthermore, she flaunts it so she must be open to the criticism. If she isn't... too bad. She acts like a f'n no class stripper.

I can't critique Martin because he sounds so bad that I can't watch him.

If you would like, I could bore you with a laundry list of the ways that black women's bodies have been historically judged and commodified in American culture...often using language very similar to stuff in this thread.

I would say that, in general, a polite and classy thing to do is to not engage in body criticism or shaming people personally for how they dress (especially when in a costume for a performance).

I mean, was David Bowie a scrawny little tramp?

image.jpeg

If you would like, I could bore you with a laundry list of the ways that black women's bodies have been historically judged and commodified in American culture...often using language very similar to stuff in this thread.

I would say that, in general, a polite and classy thing to do is to not engage in body criticism or shaming people personally for how they dress (especially when in a costume for a performance).

You could get into the laundry list but it is not interesting to me. I like what attracts me regardless of colour and Beyonce acts like a stripper. If she was the strong woman she says she is then she could be successful without the provocative slut culture that she projects. Project that culture and dress like that then take the critism no matter how shallow.

I am sure that she feels shamed.

You could get into the laundry list but it is not interesting to me. I like what attracts me regardless of colour and Beyonce acts like a stripper. If she was the strong woman she says she is then she could be successful without the provocative slut culture that she projects. Project that culture and dress like that then take the critism no matter how shallow.

I am sure that she feels shamed.

Maybe women do slut culture stuff because they enjoy it regardless of weather you or me or any men like it. Like how guys do that beardy lumberjack artisan whiskey and alt-country all-you-can-eat-BBQ thing regardless of how unattractive it is.

Maybe being slutty is fun.

I agree with the part about Beyonce being criminally overrated. That's actually quite a long list of performers. She's probably in the top 10 though.

OP made me laugh and I couldn't agree more,but,nothing to add 'cause it's been said well enough...

Lady Gaga on the other hand sang one of the best renditions of the American National Anthem I've ever heard...She stole the show for me...And that includes the game...

Well, if they do it because it's fun and they do it for the world to see then they have to accept whatever the reviews are. Seems fair to me. BTW...they probably aren't reading it anyway.

Well, if they do it because it's fun and they do it for the world to see then they have to accept whatever the reviews are. Seems fair to me. BTW...they probably aren't reading it anyway.

Yes. And when people post dumb shit on Internet forums, then they have to accept the reviews as well. Sounds even more fair.

Yes. And when people post dumb shit on Internet forums, then they have to accept the reviews as well. Sounds even more fair.

It's the same amount of fair. 'More fair'?

Dumb shit is in the eye of the beholder.

Difference?

I don't bother pointing out when you post dumb shit but I'm quite OK with anyone 'reviewing' what I have posted. It doesn't bother me at all. Can you hear that way up on that tall horsie?

BTW I never saw this much outrage at Kanye's BS antics at the awards show when he took the mic from Taylor Swift and went on about Beyonce & her shit video. It makes me wonder if the general populous hates skinny white girls who win awards.

I think some people are simply upset that they didn't qualify for Bey's field trip to red lobster.

NSFW, BTW.

BTW I never saw this much outrage at Kanye's BS antics at the awards show when he took the mic from Taylor Swift and went on about Beyonce & her shit video. It makes me wonder if the general populous hates skinny white girls who win awards.

Actually, that was a huge story in the entertainment press and helped kick off a season of "Kanye West is insane" think pieces. The POTUS called him a "jackass." He has worked very very hard to rehabilitate his image and just last year performed what amounted to a public apology to Swift in the media.

I'm not I'm the target demo for her music, but she's one of the most attractive women on the planet. Her videos are awesome, maybe mainly because she's nice to look at. And i can't guess at anyone's motivations, but there is a long history of squares/the mainstream/the Man attacking and belittling people with a message empowering women, people of color, and other oppressed groups. You can look at the caricatures of beastly suffragettes, beating up longhairs, or dismissing our beloved rock and roll as "jungle music" for examples.

Wha? The president of the United states called him a jackass on the record. It was one of the most ridiculed and memed moments of the last decade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back