The thread in which Phil has a new project/toy

Also picked up a Currie tire deflator, and a badass 12V compressor. Used them both today, they did great.

I also picked up a spartan locker for the rear diff that i'll throw in, as my 1 ton axle swap isn't going to be happening any time soon, and I'd really like to have a locker.

awesome truck.
why do you need a tool to deflate tires? just push in the valve stem.
HBD. nice pics.
:thu:

Pushing a valve stem to lower the tire pressure from 35 to around 15 psi on all 4 tires would be a royal pain in the ass. The Currie deflator screws onto the valve and then removes the stem, and has a built in gauge to watch it and shut it off at the right time. I can air down in no time!

And thank you!

Looks great. The truck and the surroundings. I didn't know you got snow that close to Vegas.

Yeah, not far at all you can get into snow. Mt Charleston is just outside of town, and has quite a bit of snow right now. It actually does snow here in town once every 4-5 years or so. I have seen it falling, but not stick.

Yeah, I love the fact it is a stick shift. And the SM465 is a brute of a transmission, apparently it found it's way in chevy trucks up to 30K GVW. Certainly can't slam shift it, it takes slow and deliberate moves. haha.

And thanks Dave! I think its a nice clean look. And I decided against any grill or brush guards, it's hard enough to check the oil on it as is, i don't want to be reaching over stuff.

I ordered my winch today. I thought it was a pretty cool idea, it has a built in pressure washer as well. You can draw out of any pond or water source, as well as a faucet. Hose the mud off. lol

Sweet!

I think my Jeep dreams are on hold. I've got a good balance in the "fun" account right now, but I have a couple of vacation trips coming up, I owe taxes this year, and I decided to pay the full year for auto insurance, which leaves me short for homeowners, which means that's going to come from fun money.

Plus, we had to get tires, tie rod ends, and an alignment on the Impala, and we keep buying guns and ammo. :embarrassed:

Sweet!

I think my Jeep dreams are on hold. I've got a good balance in the "fun" account right now, but I have a couple of vacation trips coming up, I owe taxes this year, and I decided to pay the full year for auto insurance, which leaves me short for homeowners, which means that's going to come from fun money.

Plus, we had to get tires, tie rod ends, and an alignment on the Impala, and we keep buying guns and ammo. :embarrassed:

Well, that's kinda a bummer, although at least the money is going where you want it to go, and not into a new roof or crap like that. lol.

There is a yearly meet up in Moab called the "Blazer Bash", my goal is to make it this year. Sept. 9-11. Some of these guys are hardcore, it should be interesting. I'm bringing spare everything.

And the winch + power washer has arrived. Things are moving along. The powdercoater called, my bumper is done.

Back