Is Denny's the new Sambo's ?

Jeez, that's fucked up. Not as fucked up, possibly, as the existence of a restaurant chain called Sambo's.
I remember they had a little comic strip on the back of the menus about Little Black Sambo and the Tiger.

Geez.

What a douchenozzle.

Btw, there is still ONE original Sambo's restaurant in Santa Barbara. I hate to say it, but I love that place.

Is it still open? I haven't eaten at a Sambos since I was a little kid.
Yeah, it is. Although only for breakfast and lunch. I think they close at 2 PM. They operate more as an historical landmark than anything. It is like stepping out of a time machine inside.

Geez.

What a douchenozzle.

Btw, there is still ONE original Sambo's restaurant in Santa Barbara. I hate to say it, but I love that place.

They closed the one in Tucson back around 1988 or something.

Here's a bit on Sambos for those that don't remember http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...cist-restaurant-chain-america-once-loved.html

There was also Hobo joes, racist in a different way but damn I loved that place. The one we had close to our home was always so relaxing, fond memories of going there as a kid and getting bannana splits for dessert. Sadly they closed around the same time as sambo's :embarrassed:

Not to be rude, but surely there must be better Sunday breakfast joints than Denny's in your area?

Oh there is...Joes pancake house , jerry bob's and The Hungry fox all mom and po greasy spoon but we always frequent those. denny's is good once in a while. fwiw Hungry fox is total kitschy homestyle but they been around since 1959 and it's one of my favorite places....good food and freindly service

http://www.thehungryfox.com

Sambos have gone the way of the lawn jockey holding the lantern. Good riddence!

Wow, I didn't know AOL still existed. Oh yeah, even if they had the best food in the world, Denny's would suck. Fuck them in their racist meathead faces.

My first-ever job was at a Sambos :embarrassed: as a DMO (dish machine operator). Quit a year later as a prep cook. I was 16. It was a fun place to work, brand new establishment, lots of nice lookin' girls there, graveyard shifts and afterwork parties.

Reactions: OGG
That's messed up.

This place in Houston for many years was called Uncle Tom's Kitchen. Then maybe 10 years ago, someone realized that might not be the best name in the world, so they dropped the "Uncle" and took it off the front of the building. Trouble was, the sign had been there so long that the ghost outline of the "Uncle" was clearly visible until the shopping center was renovated about 5 years ago.

Back