Anyone use rechargeable 9V batteries?

Chicken Man

Kick Henry Jackassowski
My pedal board is all daisy chain/phantom power, but I still seem to go through 9V batteries between the preamps on my acoustics and all the little 9V toys I have sitting around (particularly a little amp built in a pop can that's been seeing some traffic lately. Any opinions/recos on a charger? There's one on Amazon for about $25, which would pay for itself in a year or two, depending on how often I leave my acoustic plugged in, running out the preamp battery :embarrassed:

I tried rechargeable 9v batteries in my dirt pedals back in college. Distortion and fuzz pedals tend to be very low draw so I figured it was safe. The pedals sounded fine, but the batteries spent too much time charging and not enough time in the pedals. If you do decide to go rechargeable, keep to spare alkaline batteries in your gig bag.

I'm hoping the state of the art has come a ways since then (I think you're about my age, so college was back a bit).

If I were to going to batteries I’d buy Joyo’s rechargeable 9v unit. It’s not cheap, but it beats the hell out of taking batteries in and out over and over.

You can try Volto. I have been contemplating this for a while. May do it for my Tiny Blues rig which is just two pedals.

http://www.pedaltrain.com/volto/

VOLTO-2.jpg

Just to keep this conversation on track (and maybe this is my problem for putting in the pedals forum), but I need actual 9V batteries to stick into my on-board pre amps, electronic noisemakers, eBow, and so on.

Just to keep this conversation on track (and maybe this is my problem for putting in the pedals forum), but I need actual 9V batteries to stick into my on-board pre amps, electronic noisemakers, eBow, and so on.

I wouldn't do it. I used to use Nimh in my wireless system. You have to charge them before every use. New batteries usually measure about 9.4 volts when new. A freshly rechargeable battery is usually about 9.0 volts only. Also the discharge rates aren't linear regarding rechargeable vs. standard 9V.

Hope that helps.

Not 9v, but I use the rechargeable Energizer's that come in a set of 4 with a cheap recharger. I use them for my wireless and my bluetooth page turner. Haven't had a problem with them and they last a good long time, too.

Back