How old is your microwave and what brand is it ?

DdBob

Dogue in teh desert
....also post a pic if you can useless0

Here's mine. It is a Quasar and I got it in 1993, my folks bought it for me. i think back then it was a high end 'cuz it displays "enjoy your meal" when it is finished cooking! They sure don't make em like this anymore...23 years old and still going strong, like the day I got it. This thing is built to last.

IMG_3622.JPG

Ours is generic, the kind that contractors can get for cheap. It was installed with our kitchen refurb 4 years ago.

I replaced my Sharp Carousel II a few months ago, after 30 years of service.

Whirlpool that is about 3 years old, stainless steel. It replaced a white Kenmore that was obviously from the late 80's.

Ours is a Sharp. It recently replaced a previous Sharp that was about 25 years old.

I hate the new Sharp oven my wife just bought without consulting me. For some reason they put the zero button to the right of the six button and not below the eight button on the keypad like any sane person would do. WTF!!!

Not sure I'll ever get used to it. I'm thinking about replacing it just for this reason (it's also not as powerful as the previous one) and give the other to my son when he goes off to college in two years.

Currently we have a tiny one, can't remember the name but it was cheap. Last one I had was a Kenmore over the range model with a blower, light, etc. and when there was 5 of use plus there friends it was great. It's didn't last long though, maybe 7 or 8 years. After that told the wife we're not spending that type coin on a microwave again and so when it blew I installed another range hood. In 1985 we purchased one from JC Penny one that needed a cart because it was big. That one was awesome and it lasted up until 2002. I cried when it died.

Shiiiit I think Mine cost like 199 back in 1993 but it was free for me :embarrassed:
Oh hell my first one in the 80's was like $275. That under range monster we then got was freaking $300 and something. The small one's are cheap now and simply disposable when they break.

I had one of those Sharp carousel microwaves for something like 20 years before it died. I bought a Hamilton Beach about 3 years ago, and it recently died too. After less than 3 years :mad: Not sure what happened, as it would actually 'work', but it was a lightning storm inside the microwave any time I tried to use it. I cleaned it really good, making sure there was no metal inside, but still got the lightning storm when I used it.

I bought one of those LG stainless steel microwaves about 4 months ago. So far so good, though it is kinda noisy. I found that putting something with just a bit of weight (like a jar of spaghetti sauce, etc.) on top near the right-hand side of the microwave helps reduce the buzzy noise.

6386677_sd.jpg;canvasHeight=500;canvasWidth=500

Back