2017 Hyundai Genesis coupe

Jbird

Kick Henry Jackassowski
:eek:

Hyundai-Vision-G-Coupe-Concept-4.jpg

Rumor has that it will have a new 3.3L twin-turbo V6, 480 hp. and will be AWD.

http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2015/10/2017-hyundai-genesis-coupe-adopting-3-3t-awd.html

I dig how this design mixes the contemporary Bently-ripoff aesthetic with extended front-end art deco.

That is a nice looking vehicle. I wonder how the actual production car will look.

How could you see anything in that wing mirror? It's like an inch and a half tall. :messedup:

The car does look nice though.

My next door neighbor's son had one of those.
It was fast (is there such a thing as a Genesis-R?).

I sat in it, and alas, I was immediately reminded that it was a Hyundai.
I guess there's only so much luxury they can put into a car and keep the price down.
It just looked so much better from the outside than it did on the inside.

It just felt and even up close looked "cheap".

Of course.....it actually IS cheap, so there's that.....:)

My next door neighbor's son had one of those.
It was fast (is there such a thing as a Genesis-R?).

I sat in it, and alas, I was immediately reminded that it was a Hyundai.
I guess there's only so much luxury they can put into a car and keep the price down.
It just looked so much better from the outside than it did on the inside.

It just felt and even up close looked "cheap".

Of course.....it actually IS cheap, so there's that.....:)

R-Spec
I know a few people with current gen models. They seem to fit the role of 'my first sporty car' which is great because any gateway to more fun behind the wheel is a good thing. That redesign, above, is an improvement over the current model IMO. The current gen looks like someone's homework project that wasn't finished by the deadline so they tacked some shit (I'm looking at you hood vents) on it to distract everyone. They're ok but nothing that really stands out against the alternatives.

Considering Porsche's 996 twin turbo engines sell for $15k, this might be one expensive Hyundai.

Today's cars are getting lower and lower, notice that? I had to buy a new pair of ramps for the Focus that have a lower, graduated incline and had to fabricate special pads to clear the pinch welds on the jack points (where the factory scissor jack goes).

I've also had to be extremely careful not to run up on those concrete parking stops. They're too high and will do some serious damage to the front lip.

Today's cars are getting lower and lower, notice that? I had to buy a new pair of ramps for the Focus that have a lower, graduated incline and had to fabricate special pads to clear the pinch welds on the jack points (where the factory scissor jack goes).

I've also had to be extremely careful not to run up on those concrete parking stops. They're too high and will do some serious damage to the front lip.
We have problems with any of the Hyundai sedans we've had since the front facia will scrape on our driveway slope when you back out.

Back