What type or style of music do you play?

I used to specialize in noodle but in the last several months have been working on getting better at finger style before my fingers stop working....

which isn't so far away :facepalm:

On guitar:

Instrumental fingerstyle w/ classical influences- I've been very lazy for the past...2 years or so :embarrassed: I also learned a shitload of instrumentals from Fingerstyle Guitar magazines, but I don't remember any of them right now- must re-learn these. Can still play fingerstyle guitar though- I just don't have a repertoire of pieces to play due to lazyness. I came up w/ about 5 of my own pieces as well, but I don't have recordings of them yet. One is inspired by Paco De Lucia's particular style of phrasing, but it's is stuck in a working hard drive of a dead computer ( dead OS hard drive! ) . Planning on writing an orchestral piece w/ Classical or steel string guitar + Orchestra, once I finish an orchestral piece I'm currently working on.

On Electric guitar I play a blend of prog rock /jazz rock/ rockabilly, & noodling (over cool backing tracks on this site) at the moment. A blend of my own instrumentals (I've got lots waiting to be recorded- one of which is stuck on a hard drive in the dead computer- I need to get that out of there- what would I use? Linux?:confused:

On Bass mainly fingerstyle rock & blues, some jazz influenced stuff. Trying to expand my knowledge of bass chords using my 6 string. Also play fretless bass for rock & blues, but it takes a ton of brainpower to play in tune. Want to learn more Jazz Funk. Miles Davis "Tutu" album for example.

Last edited:
Alright, I realize how cynical that sounds, so I'll answer the question: I like rock.

I didn't think it was cynical. I almost put something similar. I have my preferences and all, but if the money is good enough we'll figure just about anything out.

I enjoy many genres. But usually I sit down and play blues and The Smashing Pumpkins with a plethora of other 90's rock thrown in.
I do, however, know and play a ludicrous amount of Simon and Garfunkel thanks to my father.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

I didn't think it was cynical. I almost put something similar. I have my preferences and all, but if the money is good enough we'll figure just about anything out.

Right! It also occurred to me that I almost prefer playing stuff I don't normally like or listen to these days, as it tends to be more of a challenge than playing stuff you know to death. I get a lot of flak from friends who bust my chops for playing as much Broadway stuff as I do. Not a fan personally, but I like the challenge of it, and much of it's harder than you think. I enjoy the challenge of it.

I made $55 bucks for a 1 1/2 hr gig Sun. night.
Pretty good for a 9 piece Southern Gospel/Old Codger Rock and Country Band.

the kind where I press the play and sync buttons then make money off other people's tunes :shrug:

Reactions: wok
Back