Takis

Theodore

I gotta move
Things I know:

-The kids dig 'em.
-I felt a couple bags and they had wildly different amounts of Takis in them, from about half full to maybe an eighth. I picked up a similarly sized bag of Fritos and it was super duper full.
-They're made of death:
corn masa flour (processed with lime), soybean and/or palm and/or canola oil, iodized salt, sugar, natural and artificial flavor, citric acid, soy protein, yeast, monosodium glutamate, maltodextrin, sodium diacetate, partially hydrogenated soybean oil, artificial colors (red 40 lake, yellow 6 lake), onion powder, hot chili pepper (chile), sodium bicarbonate, sodium guanylate, sodium inosinate, silicon dioxide (anticaking), antioxidant (bht, tbhq, propylene glycol bha).
-I'm curious but can't bring myself to get them.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1454628785.012350.jpg

I don't think my kid actually eats these. He asks for them in his lunch to use as trade bait for stuff he likes that the other kids bring.

I like Takis, but they are super high in sodium. They also shred your mouth because of all the salt.
So I eat these instead:
cheetos-crunchy-xxtra-flamin-hot.png

My cardiologist would kick me in the taint if he knew I was eating these.

I, too, am regularly tempted to try Takis. Something about how the description is phrased on the front of the package turns me away every time. Can't remember what it is exactly.

The reason I prefer futbol to cricket is because i'l working class. It's simple class structure. If I were posh i'd be into rugby :embarrassed:

Fletch likes cricket. Are you calling him a ponce?

Never heard of them. Are these a regional thing?

They're from Mexico, at least originally.

I, too, am regularly tempted to try Takis. Something about how the description is phrased on the front of the package turns me away every time. Can't remember what it is exactly.

"Takis: repudiate Chicken Man's brand of folksy downhome roots music and taste the flavor."

Never heard of them. Are these a regional thing?
They might be, but I bet if you have any Latinamerican grocery stores around you, they'll probably carry them. In the southwest, you can find them more in mainstream grocery stores.

When my kid was in elementary school, all the bussed-in kids were always snacking on Takis.
I've never tried 'em.

I had never heard of these, and today I go to the grocery store and they have a big display of them. :i:

The wiener mojo is powerful.

Back