Captain America: Civil War

Stars Wars massively overtakes this, but I'm very interested. I need to read the comics to get an idea, because the trailer flips why I thought there'd be a conflict 'tween the Cap'n and Stark.

Stars Wars massively overtakes this, but I'm very interested. I need to read the comics to get an idea, because the trailer flips why I thought there'd be a conflict 'tween the Cap'n and Stark.

This will have very little in common with the comic that takes its name and inspiration from. Impossible. It'll be a very bare-bones, sketch version. Which can still be a good thing.

You're thinking of Superman.

Perhaps -- I was mostly basing this on his part in "The Avengers" (only the first -- haven't seen the second.) I have to admit that my knowledge of comic-book heroes is slim, at best. I was not allowed to read them as a child, so I never developed the habit.

Perhaps -- I was mostly basing this on his part in "The Avengers" (only the first -- haven't seen the second.) I have to admit that my knowledge of comic-book heroes is slim, at best. I was not allowed to read them as a child, so I never developed the habit.

I was other lay interested as a child, but started getting into them in my late 30s. It's never to late.:thu:

I find Captain America endlessly bland, vanilla, and uninteresting.

I feel that way about the Marvel Studios movies in general. Every one I’ve watched is just generic action sequences strung together with a shade of a story lifted from the comics. They’re basically the Transformers movies with better actors and script doctoring by people who can write one-liners.

Back