Train 45…the 'Yngwie' of banjo/mandolin/fiddle music?

No, it's not cool. It's not cool at all.

But I don't feel like out dicking you tonight, so I'll let you off with a warning.

P.S.
Other people's ears matter due to their ability to clue you in on things you never heard before.
Sometimes pure tempo can add an energy to music, and is a simple yet credible musical tool that all musicians utilize. Even to extremes at times.
The train emulations were only one part that added to the feel of the tune. Nobody said they were groundbreaking.
Yes Bebop experiments with harmonies and rhythms and and all sorts of musical concepts. That's part of what defines it as a genre. Bluegrass doesn't and doesn't need to. It was meant to be danced to and foot-stomped to, and clapped to, and sang along with, and enjoyed. Not dissected and analyzed.
All bluegrass licks are the same rehashed bluegrass licks. It's a genre where a solid half of players on one of the main instruments plays a style developed and named after one guy. I don't expect a lot of crazy variation when listening to most bluegrass.

cop0stirthepot:dh::grin:

Well huh!

You feel more strongly than I do and my bluegrass appreciation is of those that rarely do straight rehashing of the SOS. I love the folks that are pushing the boundaries and doing more. The traditionalists in most genres tend to bore the crap out of me.

I would say it's all good, but you don't seem to think so. As such I bid you adieu so I can go listen to some Punch Bros. or Anthrax...haven't decided yet...wait! The Jezabels!

So why is Yngwie playing a million notes per second a bad thing, but not this?

The problem with Yngwie isn't that he plays a million notes per second. The problem is that no matter how fast or slow he plays, he's boring. Content, man.

Same issue with the piece in the OP.

Well huh!

You feel more strongly than I do and my bluegrass appreciation is of those that rarely do straight rehashing of the SOS. I love the folks that are pushing the boundaries and doing more. The traditionalists in most genres tend to bore the crap out of me.

I would say it's all good, but you don't seem to think so. As such I bid you adieu so I can go listen to some Punch Bros. or Anthrax...haven't decided yet...wait! The Jezabels!
How comes you can't have an in depth conversation with someone any more without it turning into some form of "u mad bro" or "internetz iz srs bznz".

What's so wrong with caring about things and discussing them with a bit of vigor?

You try to talk about something and once you get into any sort of substance either someone gets mad, thinks you're mad, or makes fun of you for caring.

sent using the eloydrummerphone.

How comes you can't have an in depth conversation with someone any more without it turning into some form of "u mad bro" or "internetz iz srs bznz".

What's so wrong with caring about things and discussing them with a bit of vigor?

You try to talk about something and once you get into any sort of substance either someone gets mad, thinks you're mad, or makes fun of you for caring.

I actually love the back and forth, I was just pointing that you're more invested in the seeming defense of the video/song than I am in belaboring the levels at which it fails, why I dint like it, and how you can find a TON of better examples of swift bluegrass playing...ideally in the context of really good tune.

You can be happy, mad, sad, or an aardvark and it wouldn't bother me...so long as you're not a presidential candidate or any politician in general

I actually love the back and forth, I was just pointing that you're more invested in the seeming defense of the video/song than I am in belaboring the levels at which it fails, why I dint like it, and how you can find a TON of better examples of swift bluegrass playing...ideally in the context of really good tune.

You can be happy, mad, sad, or an aardvark and it wouldn't bother me...so long as you're not a presidential candidate or any politician in general
Then you mistake my ability to argue endlessly about the minutia of meaningless topics with actually caring and being invested. ;-)

I come here to bullshit. I don't lie particularly. I honestly don't think the song is shit. But I will certainly spend more time taking about tongs vs spatulas than the topic warrants.

Back