Drinksgiving gigs?

shoeless

Riffin'
I was recently introduced to the term "Drinksgiving", which is the Weds before Thanksgiving (aka Black-Out Wednesday). Apparently the 2nd biggest drinking night of the year behind New Years Eve.

Anyway, our neighborhood bar didn't have anyone scheduled for the night so they let us play. We only play out 2-3 times a year, which works out well because we get a lot of friendlies to show up that way. There was a good mix of friends and regulars/locals last week. Here's a photo. I'm the grouchy looking guy with the Tele. Not sure why I look that way. I was having fun....really.

h_8v1XmOilOzQI-SOMD9zLMO_Wn-chn7D4a64JSjW2F_mTT-KpJiHabK3jfXLqiokJ5Ci7N5bSckfDcC2YB9F_NPUOiMhE5zKXA_Aztv5ON1YDZwh0bHgKghFUq3ihOUFi5REg4nYKVp_zOaiFzEN82vgPM2ilGzzMkoUHWikVTcQMH722_Ro0XFptkT4J8900ELtfpRBYpUNtNbwSKfyIK82wbRd1efqsCtHFcItj-YVz7wnDb3hUTZUMWyZVNzPrW6v--iUxlrDwzL4Ck9eXV3oruyE2kdns8GgOydTXEDpzmzJcVYm7ANz09A9BzM8cVculLT-PyndH3Jqqb0YSskJc5Y7KfVUWVTkpHABTg0UTAYTsrxIeqDEPDuqY7QKYUlaMsGPb9J8KqACPYv1jROuSbR-MIZfAnFdG4lCy_ghGi4NQX5rq1N6xs_BDwqijnXrRTrYKXgeD8pdtx0cix7JlR1eQfhI7VSRzLgzF17I1ol-XM9_M2_XjpU5jRqf_ibE_4DJZ5cpj-Iimn8T0EPrOv2O9zLH34aN3UZ1zg=w960-h720-no

Anybody else have Weds night gigs?

That's funny.... we call it "Drunksgiving".... and our show went pretty well.

Had a couple buddies join us on the third set. Paul Erdman (regional songwriter, amazing talent) and his drummer Trey Grey (has toured with Martina McBride, Brooks & Dunn and others)

12295524_517309281759500_7017965845359920320_n.jpg

Through 6 new songs into the set list. I think the above pic was during Stevie Wonder's "Superstition". :baimun:

We used to play that night every year although Ive never heard it called "drinksgiving" before. It's become less of a draw around here and none of us are really into giving the night up anymore to play for half empty rooms.

...and none of us are really into giving the night up anymore to play for half empty rooms.

Must be different in the midwest where it's cold.... we had our first snowfall and people still headed out to the bar and the place was standing room only by 7:embarrassed:0... and didn't let up until midnight.

Must be different in the midwest where it's cold.... we had our first snowfall and people still headed out to the bar and the place was standing room only by 7:embarrassed:0... and didn't let up until midnight.
I just live in a soulless wasteland.

Back