Achtung! Right now on Palladia...

CBHScott

How did I get here?
...this is on:

91UWZv75WTL._SL1500_.jpg

Now, this particular show is 10+ years old, and I saw it live last year,, but GODDAMMMMMMM can Setzer rip. I mean RIP.

Makes me want to get a Gretsch again :mad::(

I think Setzer is up to four Christmas albums, two “greatest hits” Christmas albums drawn from the first four, and now a boxed set of Christmas albums. I wish he would do more non-Christmas tours. It’s hard to get non-musicians to go to a show by a guy who revived big band and then ended up hawking Christmas music. At some point he’ll end up selling the Christmas albums and beginner guitars on QVC.

He did the Rockabilly Riot All Original tour earlier this year (with George Thorogood...) and he's taking it to Japan next year.
That is in support of the most recent album of the same name.
No big band stuff there.

The Instru'Mental album is only 4 or 5 years old.

So, he's busy.

It seems that the news doesn't get out there unless you follow him on social media.
I haven't seen any information on this stuff outside of his media and maybe a Gretsch ad here or there.

I think Setzer is up to four Christmas albums, two “greatest hits” Christmas albums drawn from the first four, and now a boxed set of Christmas albums. I wish he would do more non-Christmas tours. It’s hard to get non-musicians to go to a show by a guy who revived big band and then ended up hawking Christmas music. At some point he’ll end up selling the Christmas albums and beginner guitars on QVC.

What dcf said above - if you look for his music, he has a LOT more out there than just Christmas-related stuff. Sure, the annual Xmas tours have a more broad appeal, but his rockabilly, while killer, will not get any real marketing muscle behind it other than what he himself does. Gotta say, though, that I do not believe he is hurting for income; probably helps that he lives in Minnesota, too :wink:

I just looked at the Wikipedia entry for him and was surprised at how much other stuff he does/has done.

I had no idea he was in The Honeydrippers for a while.

Back