Formula 1 2015 Discussion

Part of the problem is that all the advertising is controlled by FOM, so the hosting track can't even recover the sanction fee through sponsorship deals. So the only place to get any money at all is from a government source. This is something that should change IMO. Otherwise the only places that will be hosting F1 races will be in the Middle East and China.
Bernie cares about one thing: money. He doesn't care about tradition or racing. If the only races are in the Middle East and they're each paying $100 million/year, that would be fine with him.

Nico takes his third in a row to end the season, and Hamilton whines about the car. Great finish for Nico; hopefully this will carry on to next season so there will be some competition for the title. Dildonado crashes again, but miraculously it's not his fault this time.

Unfortunately, now we have to listen to the media stories about Hamilton for four months: Has Hamilton lost his focus? Is he partying too much? Is his reign over? Is Mercedes changing the car to suit Rosberg because they're tired of Hamilton's antics? Will Hamilton defect to Ferrari? Is he afraid to be Vettel's teammate? Blah, blah, blah...

Well now that 2015 season is over it's time to speculate about 2016. Will Ferrari continue to close the gap to Mercedes, perhaps enough to challenge for the championships? If so, how will that change the way Mercedes handles their drivers? Will Honda solve the problems with their power unit to get McLaren more competitive than it is now? Will Alonso be racing in F1 next year? How competitive will Haas be given their close technical partnership with Ferrari? I'm looking forward to the unveiling of next years cars.

I'm hoping McLaren get their engine redesign correct over the winter break. I'm also hopeful that Haas gets of to a good start next year. Probably most of all, I'm hoping the mid pack and back pack teams all survive the break and return for 2016. F1 needs more cars/teams. Lotus and Manor seem particularly troubled these days. Lotus will get the Renault take over, but Manor doesn't seem very stable.

BURMP6G.jpg

2015 Mercedes w06 & trophies it earned

Last edited:
So Red Bill is sticking with Renault power but branding it as Tag Heuer. So much for that drama.

Renault has officially taken over Lotus F1. This should provide nearly unlimited financial resources to a team that has long been mired in economic uncertainty. It may take a few years to get there, but they will be a serious championship contender.

Honda/McLaren would have to perform a miracle at this point to be competitive in 2016, and despite the contract extensions provided earlier this year, they may not have either Button or Alonso at this point.

Haas will be an interesting team to watch. I hope they surprise us.

Manor will probably be around still. Some billionaires are glutons for punishment.

The possibility of COTA coming off the calendar looks more certain each day.

Ugh.

Back