Black Friday buys?

wagdog

Ack
I found myself at guitar center in Attleboro, MA today. Picked up a 12 pack of daddario strings for $25. The place was pretty packed; the cacophony of out of tune guitars was impressively painful and unrelenting.

Not much else in the way of good buys there. They did have one of the new bassbreaker amps, 007 I believe. I wanted to check it out, but there was no way I was going to join the guitar orchestra.

I went to Target last night because it was the only open coffee shop in Scottsdale. Pretty mellow, just rich people stocking up on huge 4K televisions.

This morning I went to Guitar Center. It was just a normal day with shittier customer service and Black Friday signs on starter gear that employees were selling to clueless grandfathers.

No guitar or music related purchases this year, but a new Supro amp sure is tempting. I put up the outdoor Christmas lights.

I did buy $180 worth of Hager work clothes for $60, however. :thu:

I was surprised how normal all the store/stripmall parking lots looked, volume wise. Even the Walmart we passed in the AM wasn't mobbed.

No shopping yesterday. I don't do a whole lot and what little I do, is online.

I stayed in all day. I was exhausted after cooking on Thanksgiving. I did buy some body wash from Bath & Body Works online. I also ordered a new phone from Best Buy.

I refuse to shop on Black Friday. I won't even buy online since they use that to show how successful this crass marketing tool is.

Power to the people, right on! :hippie:

I worked yesterday, but the shopping centers I did pass by were not as mobbed as I remember in years past. I think more people are doing their shopping online.

The best guitar gear-related deals were online at Sweetwater and Prymaxe (still some available). I had to fight the urge to jump on an AC15 (and was successful) that I really couldn't afford right now. There may be a couple of pedals/accessories I may take a look at, though. It also helps that I really want to build an amp, so it makes no sense to blow that money an amp right now.

I also picked up quite a few Record Store Day finds, which will be revealed in the Weekend Wrap-up. :love:

i was shopping yesterday because windows 7 corrupted and i had no computer.
i spent most of the day today buying a windows 7 installation disk, installing it (which wipes out whatever was on the hard drive), getting the drivers loaded (that weren't loaded with the installation disk, cuz it doesn't "do that") and now trying to get my favorites back and will be doing a reload of things from my backup hard drive tomorrow.

lots of freakin' fun :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I got the Bias Amp and JamUp apps for iPad for 75% off. Now I just need an interface and the ability to steal time away on my son's iPad. LOL

Back