Well, hiatus over...

MonkeyZero

Mexican Mayonnaise Weiner Sandwich
So, hi again!
In my time away my wife and I (and some people with money), ok mostly them and my wife, opened a substance abuse rehab center. I run the kitchen. It's a residential treatment facility. Going quite well.
I didn't touch a guitar for almost a year I think. Kind of lost track of time.
Sold ALL of my electrics and amps and kept my Yamaha acoustic.

We opened, finally, back in October and one of our first residents was a player. He got me back on track. I went and bought a beater ESP today and a Roland Cube to jam on. I played for 3 hours and haven't stopped smiling.

*heavy exhale*

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Coolest thread on the first 20-30 pages..

Sent from my ABCDEFG-I know nothing about cell phones...

That's about the coolest reason to take time away from the forum. Welcome back, and may your substance abuse center save many lives.

Glad to see you guys are out there doing good work. The need for substance abuse help is great, and a good residential program is hard to find. I am also glad you are getting back into playing; it has helped keep me grounded these many years.

Excellent on many levels. Welcome back, best wishes for continues success with the rehab center, HNGD, and happy Thanksgiving to you & yours!

Thanks all. Happy Thanksgiving!
We just accepted our 40th resident tonight!
Also, and my wife would KILL me if she saw, I forgot to mention we had our third child in September!
Her name is Mazzy. Like jazzy, not like daisy.
My first girl, and last child.
We've been busy. Moved from Georgia to South Carolina too.

Sounds like you have a lot on your hands full time. congrats on the new venture. That is a tremendous benefit to so many people.

Man, I'd like to afford a beater ESP. Congratulations buddy!!!
It's just a Viper 50. $150 and it has a six switch pickup mod system installed. Truly a beater. Sounds good enough for now though.

Sounds like a busy, productive, and rewarding hiatus. Bravo. Cheers to you for what you do, and welcome back to the jungle.

Congrats all around. Substance abuse has been a mainstay for musicians for over a hundred years. Thanks for helping.

Back