Before I fire up this turkey fryer.....

Coralkong

Alien
Does anyone know if the Fire Department is open on Thanksgiving?

I've had this turkey fryer for about 10 years, and it has moved with us twice, but I have never used it.

The bolts are missing out of the package, so I just bent some nails over to hold it together.

What are all these extra pieces for?

What could POSSIBLY go wrong?

:cool:

This is going to be EPIC.

lol. We've done it several times. If you pay attention to times and temps you'll be cool.

My neighbor tipped his over once after it had cooled. The dog lapped up most of the oil. Took him about three days to "clear".

Reactions: Tig
Be sure the fryer is filled to the brim with hot oil, and chuck yer turkey in there while it is fully frozen.

Yup. :thu:

run, Forrest, run
turkey-bomb.jpg

OK, I'm not gonna lie.....and this coming from a guy who lives in NH.

This thing is straight-up fucking dangerous at this point.

Sweet Baby Jesus......if NH makes the national news later for an epic forest fire that burns New England to the ground, you're gonna know why.

If done correctly they're safe and do an amazing job on turkeys. We used ours for turkeys, chickens, hams, tri-tips, just about everything. The drawback is the cost of the oil, cleaning up afterward, and then figuring out if you want to store the oil or pitch it. I brine our turkey now and roast it. It's easier, cleaner and safer.

I've been using sous-vide/immersion circulator for turkey cooking for a few years now. Only real downside is the undramatic presentation.

Not bad for my first attempt.

I cooked it a little too long, but I figured it was better to slightly OVER cook it than to under cook it.

I will find a couple of bolts to hold the fryer together (vs my bent over nails), but nobody died, so it's all good.
Expensive way to cook a turkey, but it was pretty good. The skin was awesome!

I just poured the oil back into the container (I'm surprised we didn't have visiting bears last night), and managed not to get it all over everything.

So......all good!

Back